Tighten your hand brake

rod

Retired 22 years
Farmers with tractors (or rednecks with big pickup trucks) can be your best buddies. What UPS doesn't know doesn't hurt them.
Amen. Also you never wanted to drive by one of those guys if they were stuck or having other problems without asking if you could help. I did everything from give them a ride to their house to actually pulling a guy who had rolled his truck on a corner back over on its wheels with a chain. (he offered to buy me a beer at the nearest tavern) :-)

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Betcha $100 it was left running and the driver didn't get it into park. It saves them time when they're on bonus.
Hand brake tightened? That's not a big deal. It'll stop eventually.
Pretty lucky they didn't run over anyone.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Betcha $100 it was left running and the driver didn't get it into park. It saves them time when they're on bonus.
Hand brake tightened? That's not a big deal. It'll stop eventually.
Pretty lucky they didn't run over anyone.
Article stated that the electronic brakes failed.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Definitely just a public-facing statement. What the hell even is an electronic brakes? you got a parking pawl which locks up the differential and the handbrake that locks up the wheels.
Many vehicles use electronic parking brake systems now.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Yeah but isn't the hand brake still a simple cable system? Independent of the regular braking system.
I had an old Ford UPS package car that had some kind of a power shortage in it.
vehicle from rolling backwards down the hill.
fortunately I was able to hit the key fob and get the truck started back up so I was able to stop it
There's a very scary ride

oldngray

nowhere special
I had an old Ford UPS package car that had some kind of a power shortage in it.
vehicle from rolling backwards down the hill.
fortunately I was able to hit the key fob and get the truck started back up so I was able to stop it
There's a very scary ride
I had a POS Workhorse that would lose all power sometimes when driving down the road. Lost brakes along with everything else.