Tighten your hand brake

DriverNerd

Yeah but isn't the hand brake still a simple cable system? Independent of the regular braking system.
Yeah, it would be a push button/switch if it were electronic. Plus if we had electronic parking brakes UPS would make sure they came on whenever the vehicle was turned off/in park.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I honestly don't know,
Technology is great until it doesn't work
We are starting to get tractors with automatic fifth wheel release buttons in the cab. Sounds great, no more yanking on the pin. Until it shorted out on me one night and I couldn’t get out from underneath the trailer. Good times.

Undertow

Man, I'd hate doing this job with hills all over the place. Everywhere I deliver at is flat. The only hills I ever see are some of the bridges that go over the canals. That's one of the small perks of being in Florida I guess.
I had a "country" run for many years and the blind curves, crests, and crowned streets could really become taxing when the bad weather stayed bad for several weeks straight. There were many occasions where I couldn't safely stop and park the vehicle due to the incline and ice. At least most of the trucks these days have a climate control system that can keep up so We have a defrosted windshield to see through.

One thing I do think the company has "seen the light" on is allowing drivers to ECD stops that aren't deemed safe. 20 years ago, that certainly wasn't the case.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
roll-a way gif2.gif

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
We are starting to get tractors with automatic fifth wheel release buttons in the cab. Sounds great, no more yanking on the pin. Until it shorted out on me one night and I couldn’t get out from underneath the trailer. Good times.
Had a few situations like that here too. One had a bad cylinder. They are fairly particular about the order of the process.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Had a few situations like that here too. One had a bad cylinder. They are fairly particular about the order of the process.
Tractor brake applied, in neutral, foot on the service brake, drop bags, then hold kingpin release button. They have a handle on the fifth wheel to pull the pin but it’s a two man operation to pull it if the auto is broken.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Had a fellow driver have an Econoline get away from him at a lake home one day. The thing rolled down a bank and was stopped at the last second by a small pine tree. Off the end of the bank the water was like 10 ft. deep. Got a neighbor with a tractor to pull it back up the hill and nobody was the wiser. I still give him a hard time about it to this day. He returns the favor with stories about some of the stupid stuff I got away with.

Like not buying bitcoin at less than 10,000 dollars in June when it went over 100,000 dollars by the end of 2021.

Oh we have to wait.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Did you watch the video closely? It appears that the bulkhead door was open and the driver was in the back. The first video looks like someone jumps out of the cab and the second one stops just before that moment. Am I the only one that sees this?

Did you watch the video closely? It appears that the bulkhead door was open and the driver was in the back. The first video looks like someone jumps out of the cab and the second one stops just before that moment. Am I the only one that sees this?
I didn't notice it but the screen on my phone may not show it.

iruhnman630

Electronic parking brake?

Pull the parking brake, people.

I had a workhorse start to roll away once when it didn't fully engage Park.

Keyword being once.

Last edited: