Time allowances

1. How many stops delivered and how many pcs?
2. How many pick ups and pu pcs?
3. What is the mix of business/resi?
4. Do you finish then go in? Or do you have to drop volume and go back out?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Set up in the morning. Try to deliver ground with NDAs, time permitting. Don't skip lunch, it doesn't apply to your time allowance. Complete stop, enter lunch hour for that minute. Eat, relax, then take a few minutes to sort. Be at next stop when your lunch is up. I was literally in front of doors waiting to scan when the hour was up. If no sig required, knock, drop, release. Customers should see the back of your head.
If I'm delivering Victoria's Secret then I'm waiting to check out the mannequin.

Do multiple stops from one parking spot. Including the other side of street if possible.

Do air and ground for a neighborhood / block / whole side of busy street.

Possibly deliver areas during pick ups if feasible.

Johney

I average an hour under every day and don't touch a package during my meal break.
If you truly are,you are in lucky position,an hour a day in bonus is some nice free jack each week. Bonus here is pretty much non-exsistant. As a matter of fact anything over an hour under-allowed is questioned by the DM. I know drivers who have done the same route for over 10 years who have watched their times go from scratch and bonus to an hour plus over and be hassled for it.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If you truly are,you are in lucky position,an hour a day in bonus is some nice free jack each week. Bonus here is pretty much non-exsistant. As a matter of fact anything over an hour under-allowed is questioned by the DM. I know drivers who have done the same route for over 10 years who have watched their times go from scratch and bonus to an hour plus over and be hassled for it.
I average an hour to an hour and a half bonus each day. Don't work through lunch or breaks. I load my own PC so I generally know where everything is.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is very bad advice! Do not code anything out without getting approval from your supervisor not one from the internet. I have seen more than few guys reprimanded for unauthorized coding of a.m. time.

We used to have a few guys who would use sort and load. Our new center manager quickly put an end to that.

margaritaville

If you want to pass. Ask for a print out of all stops on your training route. Go on google maps and study every street in that area and an extra couple miles in each direction. Also anytime you cant find something in your truck. Don't look for it. Sort the area that you think it might be while keeping the hin number in your head.

Use pay code 5 instead of 6 because every day, the "planned day" is different. This will allow you to be paid "actual" (05) instead of a guaranteed 8 hours (06).

8 Hour Day

The number you're actually trying to beat is the number the guys who regularly run the route manage. Some routes will never plan up.
No matter how fast you go, do it safely. A roll-away or wreck kinda' defeats the purpose. To that, if you're in a manual, check the hand brake and ALWAYS curb the wheels.

Check the route out on Google Maps while at home, too. A good areal view can be priceless on some routes.