Time Card skimming?

CPF5265

I'm on my fourth week on the floor so I still have another week until my 30 days. While looking at my time card I noticed some discrepancies from when I actually worked.

Twilight sort in my PD starts at 4:00 pm and I usually arrive 15 mins early. Normally I'll wait a few minutes my supervisor will come with the timecards tell me to clock in and set up the trailers. This is usually 5-10 minutes before the assigned start time.

When I view my timecard online my start time states 4.17 aka 4:10 and I'm paid accordingly. From what I can tell for the last 3 weeks I've been getting shorted 15-20minutes a day for the last 18 days. That's up to 4.5-6hrs unpaid. The sups also have us record our times on a paper spreadsheet but I don't know if they save them. For clarity, I'll also say that my sups have our timecards and I don't/can't clock in before they have me start working.

I'm not sure if I should wait for my seniority to address this or how I should go about it. Any advice?

snarts

Don't wait until you get seniority. Be assertive now or they will continue to do this.

They do it on purpose so their hours look good. Tell them you don't care how or why you're missing hours but you want to get paid what you are owed. They aren't going to fire you for bringing this up.

If anything you can grieve it once you get seniority, you have 90 days to do so.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I'm on my fourth week on the floor so I still have another week until my 30 days. While looking at my time card I noticed some discrepancies from when I actually worked.

Twilight sort in my PD starts at 4:00 pm and I usually arrive 15 mins early. Normally I'll wait a few minutes my supervisor will come with the timecards tell me to clock in and set up the trailers. This is usually 5-10 minutes before the assigned start time.

When I view my timecard online my start time states 4.17 aka 4:10 and I'm paid accordingly. From what I can tell for the last 3 weeks I've been getting shorted 15-20minutes a day for the last 18 days. That's up to 4.5-6hrs unpaid. The sups also have us record our times on a paper spreadsheet but I don't know if they save them. For clarity, I'll also say that my sups have our timecards and I don't/can't clock in before they have me start working.

I'm not sure if I should wait for my seniority to address this or how I should go about it. Any advice?
Try to resolve it with your unit manager asap.If they keep doing it grieve them to death when you hit your 70 days.
Hope this helps

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Standard Operating Procedure

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

You don’t have to wait until your start time to clock in because it will save your punch and your paid time will start automatically when your start time hits.

It’s not unusual to have a staggered start time. So ST might be 4:00 for the pickoffs and 4:10 for the loaders. This isn’t unusual just make sure you don’t lift a finger until you are being paid for it.

You only get 10 minutes to setup the PD? I was the setup guy for my PD for years and it was 30 minutes. They should also let you hold on to your time card since you have to clock in earlier and the sup won’t be there when you get there.

CPF5265

It is a staggered start time but swiping in early doesn't actually start you getting paid until you're designated start time. Normally I get there and am made to setup before the 4:00 start and I'm always without fail setting up from the period between 4:00 and 4:10. despite being swiped in this time has been unpaid, a fact I wasn't privy to up until now.

I told my sups today that I have no problem setting up but I gotta get paid for it. Especially when I'm pulling 10 pallets out of each truck.

iruhnman630

It is a staggered start time but swiping in early doesn't actually start you getting paid until you're designated start time. Normally I get there and am made to setup before the 4:00 start and I'm always without fail setting up from the period between 4:00 and 4:10. despite being swiped in this time has been unpaid, a fact I wasn't privy to up until now.

I told my sups today that I have no problem setting up but I gotta get paid for it. Especially when I'm pulling 10 pallets out of each truck.
Lesson learned.

No free work.

You are on your time until start time.

J.D. Hogg

NEVER work off the clock.

Lucky747

They will fire you if you bring it up that's what they did to me and the Union left me out to hang and dry