Time For A Music Thread, Summer Concerts

DS

Fenderbender
hmmm no I dont remember them and it sounds crappy too...jmo
found an even crazier guitarist that blew me away...

tourists24

Hey Wkmac.... it's starting the concert season again (2009).... anyone starting to hit the stages yet?

My first one of the year is going to be March 28th.... Papa Roach/ Buck Cherry/ and Avenged Sevenfold. Have my tickets and cant wait....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hey Wkmac.... it's starting the concert season again (2009).... anyone starting to hit the stages yet?

My first one of the year is going to be March 28th.... Papa Roach/ Buck Cherry/ and Avenged Sevenfold. Have my tickets and cant wait....
Tour,
taking that red-headed "crazy beyotch" to see Buck Cherry?
I have that song as my ringtone on my cell phone when my wife calls. She gave me the "look" when my daughter let it slip out. :anxious:

tourists24

Tour,
taking that red-headed "crazy beyotch" to see Buck Cherry?
I have that song as my ringtone on my cell phone when my wife calls. She gave me the "look" when my daughter let it slip out. :anxious:
I thought about that ringtone also Hoax.... I decided to stay married instead and put "Sorry" by Buck Cherry since that seems to be the way to keep a successful relationship....LOL

jennie

I've never been to any concerts, but I listen to hip-hop/rap. Probably the only one on here that does...:biggrin:

Laffin, I listen to hip-hop too, and so much more. To think I like Taylor Swift and T I!! I hope I get to see Taylor this summer and I know I won't be the only 41 year old there:grill:haha <<that emoticon is so FUNNY!

fethrs

More, I missed the soda fountain scene and the A+W waitresses at the local drive in on roller skates,hell,I missed Elvis kinda,I just kinda slid into the possibilities when I heard the beatles,and It got heavier from there.
Deep purple Uriah heep ,tiny tim,I just had to be a musician too.
tourist
I did 2 hits of godsmack and I weren't breaking benjamin,I needed a seether and after 3 days grace I felt disturbed when I slipped in a puddle of mud and bruised finger 11.And I didn't get my nickleback.

That's good, now try it with bc screen names.

fethrs

Won tix to see Sammy Hagar and I bought some to see Cheap Trick, Def Leppard and Poison. The main band I want to see is Cheap Trick. Hoping for some good concerts this year, last summer kind of sucked. I always leave fhps and personal days open so I can go to a concert. Rock On!

tourists24

Won tix to see Sammy Hagar and I bought some to see Cheap Trick, Def Leppard and Poison. The main band I want to see is Cheap Trick. Hoping for some good concerts this year, last summer kind of sucked. I always leave fhps and personal days open so I can go to a concert. Rock On!
You're right about last year Fet.... I didnt go but to 2 events.... the tour with Def Leppard is coming to this neck of the woods also... not sure if Im going yet or not.... Dragonforce is coming next month to my town; so I think that will be next after the Sevenfold concert. Nickelback coming in July, so I will be there also.

fethrs

The first time I saw then I had some decent seats and it sure seemed real, even if they did use a machine I wouldn't know the difference anyway. I was just enjoying it.

wkmac

I've not kept up this year with concerts as we've been busy ourselves with music. I've been to some jazz stuff mainly but I did go and see Opeth in Oct. when they came through. Outstanding show and these guys are just killer. Akerfelt's mixture of death growls and his melodic tenor voice provides the wonderful point/counterpoint texture from which the band paints a wonderful picture. Akerfelt IMO is the best in the business with the death growls voicing because it is contrasted by his excellent clean vocals.

As for 7fold, I'm surprised they've not been back here but an opening act for them when last here was a band called Black Tide. I've watch them rise in standing especially in the music related press and guitar magazines.

The only thing I'm watching for is a side project involving Mike Akerfeldt of Opeth, Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater and Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree. These 3 continue to threaten to do a project together but Wilson just released a solo effort and is as we speak working on a new PT project and Dream Theater has a new album in the can for release in May and of course tour to follow and Opeth is touring in support of Watershed and about to enter the busy summer metal fest season in Europe.

On a very sad note, Ean Evans, bass player for Lynyrd Skynyrd is very ill as I write this and just keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Ean grew up in the Atlanta area and music scene and is a super person on top of that.

wkmac

Laffin, I listen to hip-hop too, and so much more. To think I like Taylor Swift and T I!! I hope I get to see Taylor this summer and I know I won't be the only 41 year old there:grill:haha <<that emoticon is so FUNNY!

Jennie and Soyfish,

I won't go so far as to say I'm a rap/hip-hop fan but I highly respect some that makeup the genre. Early rappers got a "bad rap" so to speak because their verbal social commentary got way misunderstood. Ice T being the perfect example. Of the more current corp. of artists, I do appreciate folks like Andre Benjamin who is a multi-instrumentalist player in his own right and an excellent musician whom I greatly respect. It also helps that the studio druimmer for Outkast is my daughter's drum teacher!
:wink2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The next show I'll be at will be this one at Chastain Park in Atlanta...

Hall and Oates, Philadelphia Soul, should be a great show. One of my favorite albums a long time ago was "Abandoned Luncheonette", had the song "She's Gone" on it.

wkmac

tourist24,

Got our tix yesterday for Metallica in Oct. Also if all works out, going to see Chris Botti in May with the Atlanta Symphony. Looking real forward to that!

tourists24

tourist24,

Got our tix yesterday for Metallica in Oct. Also if all works out, going to see Chris Botti in May with the Atlanta Symphony. Looking real forward to that!
Congrats on the Metallica tix WK,,, they are coming to Charlotte also and I am thinking of going but there are so many concerts this year I dont even know which ones to go to.

The Sevenfold concert was really good... they are awesome... Dragonforce is coming to the Orange Peel in Asheville this month and Static X is next month. Def Leppard is coming nearby; Kid Rock/Lynard Skynard; Nickelback coming; Crue Fest is coming back again... it's going to be a rockin summer.

BTW, how does the Atlanta Symphony hold up to others. I have to admit I dont know?