Time for Martin Luther King Holiday, next Contract?

M

MenInBrown

I think it really shows how incompetent our big wigs are. I don't recall the debacle happening the day after thanksgiving last year. I think it was the day before Xmas. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb*** driver.

UPSGUY72

friend that....I'll be the last one to leave in my center. I don't come to work to go home.

Most days I don't but if I show up and have things at home I could be doing and they ask me if I want a day I will.

That being said if I'm making $50 + and hr plus holiday pay I'm working.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
friend that....I'll be the last one to leave in my center. I don't come to work to go home.

I was just telling someone that exact same thing the other day.

We've got PT'ers in my area that had their vacations docked for missing more than 60 reports in a year. These are folks that will probably only have 15 years of accrued PT pension credit (you only need 12.5 hrs/week to get your 750/year..) when they go to retire at 25 and out..

If everyone reports and demands their guarantee (whether its 3 hours, 4 hours, or the FT 8 hours) then UPS will be leery of doing this the same way next year if they're paying PT'ers $30/hr to fill out paperwork and paying a driver $68/hr to sweep out trucks.

All that being said, the company should have "asked from the top, forced from the bottom" for staffing on Black Friday. I don't have kids and my fiance will be outta town anyway, so I would've worked. But my situation is different than those of a lot of other folks.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not really the day after Thanksgiving has always been an hours worked day unless you requested 8 hours. The preload is made up of 10 or less people in my building instead of 60 plus people and the local sort is maybe 1 or 2 instead of 40 plus.

Working black Friday is only going to make Monday a disaster with all the send agains that don't show up in your EDD because they where left on your car instead of unloaded and sent back to the local box to be re-scanned on Monday morning.

I would also like to see the number of accidents the happen and what type they are.
Ditto you hit it right on the head 72. Monday after black friday is going to be a total super clusterphucq for sure lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was just telling someone that exact same thing the other day.

We've got PT'ers in my area that had their vacations docked for missing more than 60 reports in a year. These are folks that will probably only have 15 years of accrued PT pension credit (you only need 12.5 hrs/week to get your 750/year..) when they go to retire at 25 and out..

If everyone reports and demands their guarantee (whether its 3 hours, 4 hours, or the FT 8 hours) then UPS will be leery of doing this the same way next year if they're paying PT'ers $30/hr to fill out paperwork and paying a driver $68/hr to sweep out trucks.

All that being said, the company should have "asked from the top, forced from the bottom" for staffing on Black Friday. I don't have kids and my fiance will be outta town anyway, so I would've worked. But my situation is different than those of a lot of other folks.
I usually hit 750 by August....