Time off for court, new hires

clean hairy

If you have been served to appear in court, there is nothing UPS can do.
If UPS refuses to let you appear, you notify the Judge.
He or she will set UPS straight!

542thruNthru

Just have the documentation. A guy I represented took off funeral leave for his grandmother and they called him in office to ask his grandmothers name to verify. When the supervisor asked him his grandmothers name he said grandma. It didn’t work out so well for him as his grandmother didn’t die

Curious what they were going to do with the name. Google if she was dead?

Zowert

Guys... He could be subpoenaed as a crucial witness to put a serial rapist behind bars for all we know.
SNIIIIIITCH!

john chesney

Curious what they were going to do with the name. Google if she was dead?
They must of known something. They wanted to check the obituaries in newspaper to see if his name was mentioned. I can’t remember everything but I’ll never forget when they asked him her name and he said he only knew her as grandma.

DriverNerd

If you have a legit, nothing you can do about it excuse, you won't have a problem. Just tell your supervisor as soon as you can.

My first day as a driver I was talking with the driver supervisors and asked how I could get a day off. They laughed, said "this is package, it's going to be a while". They asked me what for and I told them my wife's C-section was scheduled. They laughed again and said, " Having a baby?! That's a good excuse. Well, I guess you're getting a day off."

john chesney

No, Vietnam veteran, was not allowed to vote shortly after my honorable discharge from the Navy
voting precinct said I was considered an inactive voter because I had not voted during the prior 2 years
my enlistment was 4 years, and I was out of country for 3 of those
That’s seems totally wrong. I’m sorry it was a joke. I respect you and all veterans. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to enjoy my 4 th of July