time off for p/t...

J4hnD22r

I have been working in unload for about 6 months and I don't have any vacation or anything available this year...

It is the 10 year anniversary for my wife and I and i want to go on a cruise. I would only need off a Friday and a Monday. What is the best way to do this? Just call in or talk to them about it in advance? I haven't missed any days yet and probably won't the rest of the year...

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I have been working in unload for about 6 months and I don't have any vacation or anything available this year...

It is the 10 year anniversary for my wife and I and i want to go on a cruise. I would only need off a Friday and a Monday. What is the best way to do this? Just call in or talk to them about it in advance? I haven't missed any days yet and probably won't the rest of the year...

Let your manager know. You shouldn't have a problem being laid off for a couple days if you have a good reputation and they have a few weeks notice. When are you planning for?

J4hnD22r

first part of October... were just going on a 4 day cruise...

I didn't think it would be a problem but i'm not used to the system at UPS and what they expect of you...

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
first part of October... were just going on a 4 day cruise...

I didn't think it would be a problem but i'm not used to the system at UPS and what they expect of you...

October is a good time to ask off because the big vacation months are done with. In my 30 plus years that's when I'd arrange to burn some sick days. They are also starting new people for peak in October.