Time to vote on the Ohio Rider again

Anonymous 12

Non active member

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

So the way I read your posts you agree with me now more than before. Eaton made 1.86 billion in profit with 100,000 employees. UPS has 400,000 employees in the US and their profits were 4.6 billion. Sounds like UPS should be making more profits thanks for the info.[/quote]

You wanted to compare "apples to apples." Now you are comparing apples to oranges. Different industries. I'm over this. Let's get back to voting "NO" on the Ohio Rider.

Stonefish

So the way I read your posts you agree with me now more than before. Eaton made 1.86 billion in profit with 100,000 employees. UPS has 400,000 employees in the US and their profits were 4.6 billion. Sounds like UPS should be making more profits thanks for the info.

You wanted to compare "apples to apples." Now you are comparing apples to oranges. Different industries. I'm over this. Let's get back to voting "NO" on the Ohio Rider.[/quote]

You know you wanna vote yes

Irishman Collins

Chuchu I am with you. I honestly wish that local 407 would do a little research instead of drinking the koolaid. I don't mean to be disrespectful to that great local but in this situation I believe they just aren't getting it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Chuchu I am with you. I honestly wish that local 407 would do a little research instead of drinking the koolaid. I don't mean to be disrespectful to that great local but in this situation I believe they just aren't getting it.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Actually they are getting something more than they already have.
What they don't realize is that their great local has been keeping them in the dark for many contracts to the fact that many other locals have had it better than them.
I want them to have what I presently enjoy, and stand to lose, if this contract ever takes affect.

Irishman Collins

I think you have a point, being a good Union member is not following blindly. Get the facts from both sides and determine which side seems to be more forthright. An analogy would be if you go to an auto mechanic and he always fixes your car with no issues. Don't always assume that just because he wasn't wrong in the past. That he may not be wrong when he tells you that you need a new transmission. Always listen to a second opinion

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I think the guy is confusing 2 for 1 as in our retirement benefits. I started in 84, I do not believe our vote ever was counted as 1/2 vote.

I may be confusing the 2 for 1 for needing 2/3 of the vote to turn a contract down in the mid 80's. They say that is the second thing to go as you get old.

oldngray

nowhere special
I may be confusing the 2 for 1 for needing 2/3 of the vote to turn a contract down in the mid 80's. They say that is the second thing to go as you get old.

The 2/3 vote to turn down a contract was if UPS said it was their last best offer. Which they did every time (even on their first offer) so it would still pass even if a simple majority voted no. That 2/3 rule is gone now but UPS still uses last best offer language even though it doesn't mean as much now.

ezmoney5150

Here you go boys.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Attachments

• 1394819985804.jpg
    1394819985804.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 152