Time to vote on the Ohio Rider again

Inthegame

This is why the part timers always lose. Remember when 2 part time votes only counted the same as 1 full time vote? They will always lose and never get what they deserve.

Stone, I believe that a part time vote is the same as a full time vote. No sure about your quote that they count differently.
Stone didn't make the statement you're correcting. Mug did. PT's never had half a vote.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not intended to hurt your feelings, just to emphasize. Here is how much a company should make. My brother is a CPA. Auditing and advising multibillion dollar companies. From his opinion, and only his opinion, companies strive to achieve a double digit P/E ratio. UPS is there. So they should be making enough. And they are. They only raise their rates to keep up with labor costs and inflation. I'm sure they would like more, but the competition keeps them from being too greedy.

You do realize, of course, that we are the company. Management may run the company, but we are the company. We supply the blood, sweat, tears, pain and late nights. So as the profits go up, do you not think that we deserve a share of the profits? I did not say "all" the profits but a share of them. Management also deserves a share of the profits. Then the company as a whole deserves a share of the profits. Why do you think all the profits should go to the company when we are the company?

Problem is, there are not enough full time employees that care about the part timers. And not enough part timers that even themselves don't care enough to cast a ballot. This is why the part timers always lose. Remember when 2 part time votes only counted the same as 1 full time vote? They will always lose and never get what they deserve. The only reason they got a raise was to get a few of them to vote yes on the contract to counter the no votes from the full timers.

I agree that it is a part time job, but a lot of them aspire to go full time and sometimes have to work another full time job just to makes ends meet. They hold on to the part time job hoping that one day their seniority will allow them to go full time. McDonalds pays more.

Our cost of doing business may be more than our competitors, but we must be doing something right. We still maintain our volume. Sure we lose some, get some, lose some, etc. But in the end, our volume has remained consistent. FedEx and the USPS have not really grown that much and taken a lot away from us. Can that change? Sure, that is why UPS needs to keep its pricing competitive. Which they do and still keep a double digit P/E. So if their profits go up, Yes, I feel we deserve our share.

Before I respond just out of curiosity what company does your brother represent that has over 400,000 employees in the us? And just for the record it is not meant to be against your brother I would like to com pair apples to apples[/quote]

Spends most of his time at Eaton Corporation.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Before I respond just out of curiosity what company does your brother represent that has over 400,000 employees in the us? And just for the record it is not meant to be against your brother I would like to com pair apples to apples

Spends most of his time at Eaton Corporation.[/quote]

Eaton Corp. Sales $22 Billion. Employees 102,000

While Eaton Corp is not as big as UPS, the business model is the same. Price your products or services as high as you can to make the most profit you can without pricing your company out of business while taking care of your employees.

I did not mean any type of profit sharing plan either. But if UPS's profits keep going up, we should not have an issue asking for more money in the form of a raise or a bigger pension increase or at least maintaining our current level of H&W. If UPS lowers their rates because their income keeps getting higher (to maintain the current income level) then there would be no more "extra" money for our pension or our raises. This is not happening though. Their net income keeps going up year after year.

Should we feel guilty for asking for some of that?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Spends most of his time at Eaton Corporation.

While Eaton Corp is not as big as UPS, the business model is the same. Price your products or services as high as you can to make the most profit you can without pricing your company out of business while taking care of your employees.

I did not mean any type of profit sharing plan either. But if UPS's profits keep going up, we should not have an issue asking for more money in the form of a raise or a bigger pension increase or at least maintaining our current level of H&W. If UPS lowers their rates because their income keeps getting higher (to maintain the current income level) then there would be no more "extra" money for our pension or our raises. This is not happening though. Their net income keeps going up year after year.

Sent using BrownCafe App[/quote]

What were the net profits for 2013 and how are the benefits and wages for their union employees

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Sent using BrownCafe App

What were the net profits for 2013 and how are the benefits and wages for their union employees[/quote]

2013 Sales $22 Billion
2013 Net Profit $1.86 Billion

Salary and benefits vary by subsidiary of the company. Most divisions comparably paid to UPS. Skilled tradesman.

???

Stonefish

What were the net profits for 2013 and how are the benefits and wages for their union employees

2013 Sales $22 Billion
2013 Net Profit $1.86 Billion

Salary and benefits vary by subsidiary of the company. Most divisions comparably paid to UPS. Skilled tradesman.

???[/quote]
Where did you get your info

QKRSTKR

Omg , your guys quoting sucks.

I already voted no. still confused why 17i can't change in the rider. Lay down attitudes. Told BA same thing walking out the other day as he was handing me a vote yes flyer. I said, too late. Idiots.

Stonefish

I already voted no. still confused why 17i can't change in the rider. Lay down attitudes. Told BA same thing walking out the other day as he was handing me a vote yes flyer. I said, too late. Idiots.
Who is your BA

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
  • The retro check will most likely be taxed at 40%, as it has been previous contract ratifications. This reduces the level of “take home” pay each employee receives.
  • There are still other supplements preventing ratification. If you vote to ratify the agreement, there is no guarantee you will receive your pay anytime soon. As long as others around the nation continue to vote down their area supplements, the National Contract will not be ratified.
  • This is your money and you have a right to it. All of this money is guaranteed to you under the contract. You will not lose your check if you VOTE NO.
  • The benefits, wages and workplace rights you will gain if you VOTE NO are immensely greater than the amount of your retro check. Do not choose short-term gain over long-term security.

Stonefish

• The retro check will most likely be taxed at 40%, as it has been previous contract ratifications. This reduces the level of “take home” pay each employee receives.
  • There are still other supplements preventing ratification. If you vote to ratify the agreement, there is no guarantee you will receive your pay anytime soon. As long as others around the nation continue to vote down their area supplements, the National Contract will not be ratified.
  • This is your money and you have a right to it. All of this money is guaranteed to you under the contract. You will not lose your check if you VOTE NO.
  • The benefits, wages and workplace rights you will gain if you VOTE NO are immensely greater than the amount of your retro check. Do not choose short-term gain over long-term security.
Can't wait until they count them up

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

It can, if we continue to vote no.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You are embarassing yourself. Part time votes are counted exactly as full time.

I never said they were not. I said there was a time when they weren't. It changed over 25 years ago. Part-time votes count the same as full-time votes. And have for over 25 years.

Inthegame

I never said they were not. I said there was a time when they weren't. It changed over 25 years ago. Part-time votes count the same as full-time votes. And have for over 25 years.
Part timers counted as a full vote 25 yrs ago. They counted as a full vote 35yrs ago. You are incorrect.