Timecard Viewer Question (New Employee)

ouanling

Thanks for the response. Alot of keyboard warriors on this forum from the other lads eh lol.

I may of exaggerated being late EVERYDAY 2-5 minutes but again me swiping my card at 801 or 802 shouldn't justify my start time being jacked up 15 minutes when I'm working 9 hour shifts as a part time employee with 0 breaks and constantly staying late whenever asked during these busy holiday times.

Anywho thanks everyone for your input lol.
you should still :censored2: it up like our new guys
they get there 1h+ early and dont even punch in until start time

JerryCCG

you should still :censored2: it up like our new guys
they get there 1h+ early and dont even punch in until start time
Doesn't make sense to me how my 2 minutes late translates to me losing 15 minutes but me showing up 15 minutes early is unpaid or me not taking breaks ever which should be 15-30 minutes paid breaks everyday, depending on my shift, not taking those doesnt garner me any "extra pay".

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Doesn't make sense to me how my 2 minutes late translates to me losing 15 minutes but me showing up 15 minutes early is unpaid or me not taking breaks ever which should be 15-30 minutes paid breaks everyday, depending on my shift, not taking those doesnt garner me any "extra pay".
You might as well fight them for it. They aren't going to keep you after peak.

Problem people rarely are, and 50% late is 46% over acceptable.

You should be thankful you still have a job, because as an "at will" employee, they could terminate you on the first occurrence.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Well regardless what I say it'll get reversed lol, but here we go anyway, my first week i was on time all 6 days i worked, showed up 10-15 minutes early a few times (unpaid mind you, which no issue don't mind coming in early to help when asked) when the supervisor asked even no problem. Week 2 and 3 of the 12 days worked i was late a few minutes again at most maybe 6 of those days, which is 50% so obviously not good. And not to make excuses my cars been having lots of trouble recently and been a guessing game of its going to start from one morning to the next so thats set me behind a few days and then not expecting the parking lot to be absolutely stuffed full a few other days add up to my 6 late days. Obviously leaving a few minutes early would solve each problem especially with the car, the parking lot issue i was just unaware of.

Anyway ill make sure I'm early so I can not get paid to be there instead of being late and having my working time being taken off my timecard, cause its not like I dont start working the second my timecard is swipped.
xhjMpuD.gif

Joe brown

I recently started a new job at UPS as a preloader/package handler, loading the trailers with all the boxes and goods. Anyway I since day 1 have recorded my hours worked within 5 minutes or so, on my first week of my timecard viewer I noticed all days were slightly off probably slightly less than an hour, I chalked it up to whatever maybe my times were a bit off not a big deal. However on my 2nd week of my timecard veiwer I noticed every single start time is off, I'm generally AT MOST 2-5 minutes late for work close to everyday, bad habits. But on my timecard viewer it is showing me starting 15 minutes late everyday, and 18 minutes with a "marked as late" one day... Am I missing something here or am I getting screwed on my start time everyday and need to talk to someone? Lastly I have an meal/unpaid of 0.25 one day in which I definitely have not taken a break.

All of my clock-out times recorded personally and on the timecard viewer are all right (within 2 minutes which is fine and my time probably just being slightly off)

Thanks, any help and understanding would be appreciated!
Because they change what the start time of the shift was after the shift already started. They tell you show up at 4am, you do and you start working and then when they aren’t satisfied with production they blame attendance and play dumb saying the start time was 4:15 instead.

Joe brown

it doesnt. That's the sup being an ass.
Classic Ups. Because they change what the start time of the shift was after the shift already started. They tell you show up at 4am, you do and you start working and then when they aren’t satisfied with production they blame attendance and play dumb saying the start time was 4:15 instead.

Joe brown

I'm sure the drivers wouldn't mind starting 10 minutes later
Classic UPS. Because they change what the start time of the shift was after the shift already started. They tell you show up at 4am, you do and you start working and then when they aren’t satisfied with production they blame attendance and play dumb saying the start time was 4:15 instead.

JerryCCG

Classic UPS. Because they change what the start time of the shift was after the shift already started. They tell you show up at 4am, you do and you start working and then when they aren’t satisfied with production they blame attendance and play dumb saying the start time was 4:15 instead.
Talked to my supervisor and this is exactly what it is. He says he gets us to come in at 11, but changes shift start to 1115 due to lack of boxes on the belt...... hows that my problem. Just going to show up at 1115 now.

Joe brown

Talked to my supervisor and this is exactly what it is. He says he gets us to come in at 11, but changes shift start to 1115 due to lack of boxes on the belt...... hows that my problem. Just going to show up at 1115 now.
Wow I’m cAnt Believe I called that right, it’s sickening that that is the truth.
It’s not your problem
But how you choose to deal with it may be.
I would do exactly what your doing, I did, but it just causes more frustration in the long run after so many days of showing up at 11:15 and losing the 15 mins you could have worked. My best advice is don’t make yourself a target. I don’t know the right answer here because it’s :censored2:ed up what this company does.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Okay.
This is not a new thing at UPS. And it isn't theft, it's a staggered start time.

When they announce start time for the next day, (at least in the centers I have heard of), they are announcing the UNLOAD start time.
And preload starts at some time after that based on the position in the building, and how long it takes for packages to arrive.

My start time without "extra work" is 10 minutes after unload start time.
Always has been. Always will be.

They are not going to require you to be there unpaid, and if that happens, ANY steward worth his salt would shut that down in the blink of an eye.

What has your steward said?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yea, that's not how it works. The start time should be posted.

PPH_over_9000

Anyway ill make sure I'm early so I can not get paid to be there instead of being late

That's exactly what you should do. Bring something to eat with you and just chill for however long it takes.
I know you're looking to get every bit of sleep you can get but that just means screwing with your sleep schedule a bit.

I remember getting used to sleeping from 3pm-11pm and rolling out of bed to be at work by 11:30pm for a 12am start time, despite the trucks not even been gassed up and shifted yet and the belts not rolling until 2-3am. So yeah, there can be a lot of sitting around during peak for the preload, but you're eventually gonna pay for it some time before the end of the shift with a cluster:censored2: of packages that'll grow more massive with every minute that you spent not working from the start.

Unpaid breaks might be forced upon you.

Breaks that don't exist might be added to everyone's timecard and only fixed for the people who notice and complain.

I've smoked since I was 17 but I swear to God, man, UPS preload made me a nicotine fiend. I noticed quick that the only people who got regular breaks were the smokers and the coffee drinkers, and I can't stand coffee so.... Pretty much the only guaranteed break you could get was to stay clean enough to sneak away for a minute or two to hit a cigarette or vape a few times before running back to your pull hopin' nothing crazy happened.

tl;dr peak sucks (but the money's nice, I guess).

Oak

If you want to stay at UPS the tardiness thing must change. It will become an issue. I promise, it will.

Just show up a bit early. I'm early enough I could change a flat. Everyday. I just don't do anything before I'm being paid. Working off the clock will get you in serious trouble too.

snarts

They do this all the time with new people at my center. They will be asked to come in earlier but their start time will stay be the same in the computer when they clock in so unless the person tells the supervisor they will be shorts hours.