Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Millennials suck

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • don't give a crap

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't know about age ranges, but former servers are usually great tippers. We understand. I think any college age person should work as a server at some point. You learn a lot about human behavior ( good and bad)and patience. Plus, the employees are sleeping with each other, each restaurant has a resident drug dealer, and there's a party or two every week.
My wife hustled drinks when we were first married. She always said school teachers were the WORST tippers. I can believe it. Most of them think their :poop: don't stink.

oldngray

nowhere special
Why? I tip who ever gives me good service.

If I tip the owner they can put it back into the buisness. Which keeps that small place that has good service in business.

Just don't understand why not.

If its a small family owned place I may tip the owners. Not because I have to but as a token of appreciation and support. If the owner is some rich :censored2: then its usually screw him.

bbsam

Staff member
I tip high because I worked in food service and I know what a thankless job it can be some days. Mostly I get great service but the times I don’t I just assume they’re having a very bad day and could use something to smile about.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I tip high because I worked in food service and I know what a thankless job it can be some days. Mostly I get great service but the times I don’t I just assume they’re having a very bad day and could use something to smile about.
I usually get great service too because I’m always nice to servers, except for the ones with bad attitudes. It’s not my problem if they’re having a bad day. They’re there to make money. Slap on the fake smile and get to work.

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_3228_46.jpg

Gipsee

My standard is 20% ....now that's where I start because I tip according to service....if your service sucks I start deducting...if your service is stellar I start adding. It's up to you if you get the bomb :censored2: tip or the lint ball.