Tired as hell

sealbasher

Im usually at home by 18 00 1830,my p1200 is full by 1730, and i paid my dues for the first 3 years i wanted to quit everyday.Now they want our whole center under 9.5,i say good luck cosidering on call cut off for on calls is 1830 and we would have to be punched out by 19 15.Ive been with ups for 18 years now, i dont give a crap just go do work ,when i finish i finish.Thats why the wife and i broke up only saw her 2 days a week.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I will explain and im not worried because its going to arbitration soon.

I wanted to go feeder but i wanted to go out of a smaller building out of district for several different reasons. Im in palatine big building 1300 plus members and everyone comes to me with their problems. So i picked northbrook were i really didnt know to many people so i could lay back and just be an employee again, but the manager did not want me because of my reputation(at least thats what i have been told).

He kept bypassing my seniority so i filed and won and right beore i went i received calls to becareful they didnt want me in northbrook. So i go through my first week of unproductive (training) with no incidents. Picked it up pretty good and i have to say the worst job in management is a feeder trainer sup. They had me out there in the first hour on the expressway with a trailer in a construction zone, i thought i was going to kill us both.

So my first night on the clock im giving a really hard run that included two runs to ohare no time to mess around. Not a good training route according to my sup. As i was pulling back into franklin i was on the phone with dispatch asking were i should drop the trailer. As i was pulling forward slowly it was pouring ran and the crosswalk was angled. A ptimer ran in front of me so i turned the wheel to the right to avoid hitting him, i straighnted back out but the end of the 53 footer scratched the phone tower and i was disqualified for an accident.

Ups on ups incident with no damage, when i was done filing out the accident report my sup said she was clocking me out at what ever time it was, i said im guaranteed 8 hours. Little did i know that my accident was at the 7 hour mark and when we were done it was almost 11 hours on the clock. So since last july everyone in my local calls me the 7 hour feeder driver.

And no i had not had a lunch or paid break and instead of running over the kid i got punished for doing the right thing. This is one of the draw backs for being a decent steward!

Good story, 705. You told it warts and all. This is what we need to see on here, so young drivers can see the good, the bad and learn from our experiences. Don't worry either 705, maybe next time it'll be 14, including lunch.:happy-very:

john346

No more Brown!
I don't understand how you could have been doing the job for 25+ years and not know you were a satallite driver. Do we leave you locked up in a room by yourself when you're off.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Satellite CENTER!!!! Not driver.

Ms.PacMan

Wow...talk about a waste of resources. I mean it's great for the guy who's commute was cut down from an hour, but someone has to take that route out to him...wait for him to load himself and then start his day...it just seems like a waste to me.

I'm assuming, just like here, that UPS has turned some routes into satellite routes based on the extended areas having a large consignee in the area (i.e. Walmart or some mfg.)

Here they just add his stops to the back of the trailer for a large manufacturer, driver loads his truck, delivers the bulk stop, then puts any p/u's back in the trailer at the end of the day and the feeder driver comes back and gets the trailer.

I don't understand how you could have been doing the job for 25+ years and not know you were a satallite driver.

Satellite routes are new.

Our driver gave up his route when it became a satellite route and got to bump any less senior driver in the center off their route. That driver bumped another less senior driver and that driver bumped - 3 and then it stops. Odd man out (last in the succession of 3) now becomes non-bid utility otherwise known as work as directed :dead: until the bids go up.

The satellite route then went up for bid and a driver who lives in that area bid it (and had the seniority to get it). His route will now go up for bid, and then one more if a driver from a bid area vs. a coverage driver choses to bid on the second route.

In defense of Red, the Franklin Park bldg was built in the horse and buggy days and the entrance is only 8 inches wider than a trailer. It`s been hit so many times I`m surprised they could say which scratch was Reds. Plus,in fine "we`re concerned over safety" function, the pedestrian crosswalk is up against the nose of the tractor,out of line of sight,when you are parked at the phone.

Red did a fine job of sacrificing himself instead of killing that innocent part timer,which would have cost UPS production. Besides the guard is supposed to stop people at the crosswalk when tractors begin to move.

Of course not everyone lets off the clutch like Don Garlits leaving the line at the U.S. Nationals either. :)