Ti's the Season to be Jolly...the positive aspects of working here during peak?

lovemyupser

That's awesome.
Our first Xmas together my wife got me Oblivion, Fallout3, and a subscription to PC Gamer. I felt like the luckiest man in the world and I'm sure your husband feels the same way.

He is a lucky man. I am also getting him a new office chair since the one he has is on its last leg. He feels so bad because he is tired after work and always forgets to buy me something for Christmas. I tell him its not a big deal as long as the kids are taken care of. When the weekend is here the last thing he wants to do is leave the house. One reason why is because to get to town we have to drive by the hub and he hates seeing anything UPS on the weekend. A few weeks ago I ordered him a new gaming mouse, which was shipped Next day air from amazon. When the UPS driver pulled up on Saturday morning I told him to get the door because the UPS driver is there. He said no way, I don't want to see anything brown the whole weekend.

Super64

The plentiful amount of overtime hours when dispatch kills off all the helpers after four hours and then sends you 25,000 packages to be delivered by a handful of junior drivers. 15 hour days and Saturday deliveries the next two weekends it going to make uncle same a happy man.

lovemyupser

How could anyone forget to buy the love of their life something for Christmas?

He never know what to buy me. Anything I want I will just go get. Before the husband was a driver, he was part time sup. He ended up getting activated with his guard unit and set to Ft Benning. (That is where we met. I was on active duty). The Christmas before we both got out I wanted a new car. So I went down and bought one. I thought he was going to kill me. He said I did a nice job picking it out. Then we ended up trading it in when we moved back to his home town. That was when we found out his ex girlfriend had his baby. Its a long story, but he didn't cheat on me. I went from having the car I wanted to driving a mommy mobile. Which is ok now, almost 5 years later. Maybe I will tell him to buy me a tattoo for Christmas. I have been wanting a new one for a while

moreluck

golden ticket member
OMG, that is sooooo me. Are we all like that?

I just love to stay home, fix things around the house, take a rifle and walk the Ponderosa, or walk the trails with wifey.

"C'mon honey, I've got my gun and we're taking a little walk !!" Sounds like a line from Donnie Brascoe.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Count me as another weekend homebody. My wife jumped for me one xmas ( best helper I've ever had btw), and after peak was done she told me that she finally understood why I never wanted to do much on the weekends.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
OMG, that is sooooo me. Are we all like that?

I just love to stay home, fix things around the house, take a rifle and walk the Ponderosa, or walk the trails with wifey.
You do better than me, the only trail I walk is to the woodpile. We got two invites out last night. I settled for a nap, a movie and late night with Red Baron Pizza. No place like home.

lovemyupser

tattoos are overrated ,why would a mommy need one?Remember it will be there forever.
They call them tramp stamps now.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tramp Stamp

All depends where it is. If you are hoping to work in a professional environment with your degree than visible ink is not an option.

No tramp stamp here!!! All mine have meanings behind them. I have the engineer castle on my upper left arm, which had to do with my job in the Army. I have a worm on a hook with wings and Pops with the day my Grandpa died on the upper right arm. I have a knife on my lower arm which was the one i got when my unit went out to get tattoos as a whole. I have cherries on both hips which I got when i finished Basic training (start of a new chapter in life). Then I have a multi-colored heart on my upper back that covers up the one stupid tattoo I got which was the name of my ex husband. Yes I know they are there for life, but that is who I am. I wouldn't change it for a thing.

over9five

Staff member
No tramp stamp here!!! All mine have meanings behind them. I have the engineer castle on my upper left arm, which had to do with my job in the Army. I have a worm on a hook with wings and Pops with the day my Grandpa died on the upper right arm. I have a knife on my lower arm which was the one i got when my unit went out to get tattoos as a whole. I have cherries on both hips which I got when i finished Basic training (start of a new chapter in life). Then I have a multi-colored heart on my upper back that covers up the one stupid tattoo I got which was the name of my ex husband. Yes I know they are there for life, but that is who I am. I wouldn't change it for a thing.

And you shouldn't. What are you thinking for your next one?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always thought "tramp stamp" was the specific tattoo that showed on the rear, above the crack, when you wore low-rise jeans.