Ti's the Season to be Jolly...the positive aspects of working here during peak?

DS

Fenderbender
C'mon now DS, people are different and not everyone regrets their tattoos. Nothing wrong with a little ink.
You're right Jonesy.I'm just getting old I guess.Even I have one.Sorry lmu ,I guess I was in a mood that night.After all it is the season to be jolly.

bigbrownhen

I had a delivery the other day to a frequent customer. I saw him sitting in the office next to their garage, so I took the packages there instead of the porch and handed them to him. One box was from Cabela's. He took them over to the porch and set them down by the door and said, "I think that's one of my presents, I wont let her know I saw it". I kinda felt bad, but he said no big deal, that he knew what she was getting him already anyway, but didn't want to ruin the surprise for her.....how sweet is that. I told him he was "trained very well".

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I delivered some packages last year, after a snow storm, to remote locations only accessible by 4 wheel drive. A few days ago I heard one of home owners put up a big sign thanking the regular driver (by name) for making her kids day by getting the packages delivered. Often, it's just another box to us, but something much more to the people who depend upon UPS to get the stuff to them!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I delivered some packages last year, after a snow storm, to remote locations only accessible by 4 wheel drive. A few days ago I heard one of home owners put up a big sign thanking the regular driver (by name) for making her kids day by getting the packages delivered. Often, it's just another box to us, but something much more to the people who depend upon UPS to get the stuff to them!

We had late air yesterday and the center did what they could to get the bulk of the air shuttled to the drivers. When I got off road I noticed a NDA SVR for one of my customers. It was medicine which for some reason was not shuttled to me. I had already punched out but wanted to make sure she got her meds so I had the OMS sheet the pkg so that I could drop it off on my way home. She also adjusted my punch out time for me. When I got to the customer's house she thanked me for making sure she got her meds as she was almost out.

over9five

Staff member
We had late air yesterday and the center did what they could to get the bulk of the air shuttled to the drivers. When I got off road I noticed a NDA SVR for one of my customers. It was medicine which for some reason was not shuttled to me. I had already punched out but wanted to make sure she got her meds so I had the OMS sheet the pkg so that I could drop it off on my way home. She also adjusted my punch out time for me. When I got to the customer's house she thanked me for making sure she got her meds as she was almost out.
Nice job taking care of the customer!!!

Nimnim

The Nim
Thank you.

Steve may say that I play by my own rules, and perhaps he is right, but the name of this game is customer service.

Let's see how many Joe Unions give me a hard time about using my personal vehicle to drop off a pkg on my way home.

You said your punch out time was changed to account for this, so you weren't really working off the clock. Only thing I wonder is how much trouble you could have gotten into if say you got into a car accident and the package was destroyed, or anything like that.

Personally though, liability be damned, you went above and beyond in terms of customer service, and that should always be our #1 priority.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As Rainman always said, "I'm an excellent driver".

You do have a point and I don't know what liability if any would exist. All I know is that it was medicine that she needed and, if the situation warranted, I would do it again without hesitation.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Who is the knuckelhead that thought it was OK to just leave this pkg lay in the building after it missed the shuttle?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Thank you.

Steve may say that I play by my own rules, and perhaps he is right, but the name of this game is customer service.

Let's see how many Joe Unions give me a hard time about using my personal vehicle to drop off a pkg on my way home.

The appropriate way to deal with a situation like that would be to first ask the other drivers if they wanted to do the stop and drive a pkg car out there and back.

If none of them want the work and a lower seniority person is on the verge of getting forced to go back out, then I dont see a problem with running the stop off yourself on the way home as long as you are paid for the time. I have done that on a handful of occasions over the last 23 years. Sometimes...particularly if it is medication or airline tickets or a birthday/wedding gift...its just the right thing to do. I am aware of nothing in the contract that prohibits it as long as you are on the clock and being paid for all hours worked.

One thing to be aware of is that your personal automobile insurance might not pay a claim if you are involved in an accident while using your car for work purposes. And UPS's insurance will cover you for liability only, any damage to your car becomes your problem. Its not a good idea to make a habit out of delivering packages in your personal vehicle.

P

pickup

C'mon now DS, people are different and not everyone regrets their tattoos. Nothing wrong with a little ink.

Sure , just like Santa needs a opening to enter the house, satan needs that opening to enter your body.

I just love being a smart ass, I really do!

P

pickup

Sure , just like Santa needs a opening to enter the house, satan needs that opening to enter your body.

I just love being a smart ass, I really do!

Sorry, I think I channeled the church lady from saturday night live , in my last post.