To be or Not to be PT Supervisor for Peak Season (On Topic)

BTCRAIL101FILMS

So I've come back to UPS after working at a grocery store for a year. Although instead of being a driver assistant for the peak season, I'm a PT package handler and my FT supervisor had approached me asking if I wanted to be a PT sup for the peak season to which I gladly said yes. So, the next day I went into the HR offices to have the prep PT sup talk about how mentally stressful being a PT/FT sup is. Again, gladly said yes.

Thing is I am extremely nervous of the sup test and asking my PT sup's they all said it was "common sense and simply math with percentages." Looking through the forums here I'm also seeing it deals with staffing and timing amounts, but I wanna know m o r e . I'd like to get this position for the money, but to also for the experience so encase UPS actually starts to shorten my life spawn (already happening) I can jump ship to somewhere else with a better chance because I'd have "Supervisor Experience."

PS Yeah yeah I know I wont be union no more becoming a PT bowl of soup, but the grocery store I worked at wasnt union either, so no one was taking fee's outta my bi-weekly $100 paycheck (hence why I quit)

CanOSup

One of them
So I've come back to UPS after working at a grocery store for a year. Although instead of being a driver assistant for the peak season, I'm a PT package handler and my FT supervisor had approached me asking if I wanted to be a PT sup for the peak season to which I gladly said yes. So, the next day I went into the HR offices to have the prep PT sup talk about how mentally stressful being a PT/FT sup is. Again, gladly said yes.

Thing is I am extremely nervous of the sup test and asking my PT sup's they all said it was "common sense and simply math with percentages." Looking through the forums here I'm also seeing it deals with staffing and timing amounts, but I wanna know m o r e . I'd like to get this position for the money, but to also for the experience so encase UPS actually starts to shorten my life spawn (already happening) I can jump ship to somewhere else with a better chance because I'd have "Supervisor Experience."

PS Yeah yeah I know I wont be union no more becoming a PT bowl of soup, but the grocery store I worked at wasnt union either, so no one was taking fee's outta my bi-weekly $100 paycheck (hence why I quit)
The test is designed to test your abilities and decision making skills. There really isnt much prep work you can do to get ready for it.

In my opinion try not to think about how they want you to answer it, think about how you would handle the situation. for two reasons (1) You may end up confusing yourself if you try to bounce back and forth about how you think you should answer and how you want to (2) Like I stated the test is deisgned to get a better picture of you as a person and see if you are a good fit. If you are not a good fit, and you pretend to be, prepare to have a miserable time.

Its been quite some time since I took the test so I am only speaking to what I remember about it. It could have changed significantly.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads

Your paid to be a scapegoat as a pt sup. My pt sup's words.

Yes I know it's "you're" 1 trick idiot

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Just quit now, or intentionally fail the test. Just about any job out there is better.

I've never done it but i know it sucks... Although there are still some reasons to do it

To the op just learn to nod your head and admit defeat even when you know you are right. Do what they say when they say it. Take advantage of the reimbursement and move on with a degree and supervisor work history on your resume

CanOSup

One of them
I've never done it but i know it sucks... Although there are still some reasons to do it

To the op just learn to nod your head and admit defeat even when you know you are right. Do what they say when they say it. Take advantage of the reimbursement and move on with a degree and supervisor work history on your resume
Most people that pretend to know what its like havent done it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

The test can’t be that hard

Judging by some of the dweebs I’ve seen in polo shirts

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I took the test in 2003, probably pretty much the same. It asks series of questions which all tie in consistency in answers. They want to know about your ability to make decisions and be consistent in your dealings. It's really very straight-foward if you have common sense.

Heck, a lot of the kids now LACK common sense and move forward, so the curve must be quite low.

Glad I never took a PT sup job back in the day.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The test can’t be that hard

Judging by some of the dweebs I’ve seen in polo shirts
It looks hard?

MQ8V1A.gif