To bonus or not to bonus

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The time allowance thing is funny. I cover 2 routes in an industrial area. Both routes go out with between 400 and 500 pieces daily. Both have at least a dozen over 70's every day. They both get in to the air drop within 15 minutes of each other. One of the routes is consistently an hour under. The other route is a half hour or more, over allowed every day.

Go figure.

Does the latter route have a late pickup?

Brownified

My center has routes u can make bonus on and routes that u can't even come close to scratch. I was a cover driver for 9 years and knew over half the routes in the center. I always liked the rural routes, which were usually the bonus routes after the google earth time study. My days of bonus are long gone now. I was awarded a bid route in town where I'm consistently over between a half hour to an hour no matter how fast I move. Suddenly I'm not considered a hard worker anymore. Lol. What a joke. Meanwhile guys that don't work as hard as me still make bonus and punch out at 4:30. I work till 7. And am asked from time to time what happened? Why were u so far over. The sups know the system is flawed but they are still ignorant enough to ask the question.
Good thing overtime is a whole lot easier to make!

Borderline 9.5

Not all bonus drivers come in early to load their pc and skip their lunch. Personally I receive about 5+ hours a week bonus on the route I'm on and take my allotted time due. I know a few others who due the same.

Overpaid Union Thug

Not all bonus drivers come in early to load their pc and skip their lunch. Personally I receive about 5+ hours a week bonus on the route I'm on and take my allotted time due. I know a few others who due the same.
You will lose most, if not all, of that bonus eventually. If you are truly not coming in early to load or cutting other corners that most bonus babies are then when (not if) the allowances on that route are cut you won't notice anything other than a drop in your bonus amount. You might still get bonus though.

Our last time study confirmed who all of the lunch skippers and short cut takers were. They are the ones that have been whining about their "time being stolen" from them and/or that now they have to work their butts off just to make any bonus now. LOL! They are so selfish to realize that they shot their own foots off long ago.

By The Book

I asked a center manager about this one day. Noticed some drivers getting back at 4:30 to 5:00 everyday and others getting back at 7:00 or later. His answer was the early back drivers work harder.
I noticed that all our safety guys bonus regularly an hour to two hours a day. One of them bonused almost five hours the other day. They cut a route and combined the two. I talked to him in the boys room, we will see if I was wasting my breath.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have worked in both kinds of centers. While it is nice to get bonus (if you can get it), ot leads to lazy dispatching. When I was in a non bonus center you never saw a 9.5 plus planned day. With bonus they just throw it in no matter what the planned day says..

Future

Victory Ride
:didimiss:
I do not work in a bonus center so I am not that familiar but I would think that any bonus paid would be offset or not paid at all if the driver recorded a meal break and worked through it.
Dave,just having you in that center must be a bonus to the other drivers!lol