To feed(er) or not to feeder?

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
Oh sweet cheeks, I don't know what delusional rock you crawled out from under but my son works his :censored2: off to pay his "own way",that's what he insists on! Ever hear of "Deadliest Catch"? That's what he does to make his $$$. There is no easy ride in that job!

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Oh sweet cheeks, I don't know what delusional rock you crawled out from under but my son works his :censored2: off to pay his "own way",that's what he insists on! Ever hear of "Deadliest Catch"? That's what he does to make his $$$. There is no easy ride in that job!

"Delusional rock"? How about working two jobs just to pay for school. I don't want to turn this into a pissing contest, but I work my ass off everyday to get what I want. Next year I will have my own apt.

rushfan

If you want to spend Christmas Eve with your new child, go feeders. Last Christmas Eve, I was in my Pajamas at 5 pm while the package department was schlepping packages until 1030 pm

rushfan

If you want to last at UPS, go into Feeders. Many times I need time off for family things, and was denied in package. But if there is coverage in feeders, you are guaranteed a day off. Best deciscion I ever made.

Apd

Feeders is the ultimate goal, or at least in my book it is. From what I have read on here, it sounds a lot better than package.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Mad respect to those who fish full time for a living. That may be one of the hardest and dangerous jobs out there. That stuff aint no joke.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Like has been brought up, most feeder drivers don't work on Christmas eve. I know I spent many a Christmas eve in the garage with a cold brewski, putting together hot wheels, little mini kitchens and bicycles. The last 4 or 5 years in feeders I actually worked a bit fewer hours during peak than I did during the rest of the year. After Thanksgiving they took an hour of shifting off one of my legs and gave me a hot load out of that center instead. It amounted to about 10 minutes less/ a night of time, but you won't hear any complaints from me about getting shifting time pulled from my run. Also contributing to a lack of overtime during peak for feeder drivers is contract drivers, and the fact that there is someone usually waiting to get into your tractor at the fuel island when you FW. They never have enough power units to go around during peak. Never have and never will.