To MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I am a hazmat responder at an outlying center. We are super tiny compared the most hubs and buildings. On a slow week I'll only see 2 monavie leakers, other weeks we'll have a couple per day. What I usually do is open up all the boxes and combine them. The monavie I see the most is called monavie active (with the green plastic over the top). It's always just 1 of 4 bottles that break in each box. If I have 4 monavie active leakers on the same day, I put 4 of 4 damaged for one shipment and combine the ones left over, repack them and send them on. I've talked to several sups about this and we all pretty much agree that it's best to have 1 upset customer and 3 happy ones. Plus, there isn't anything to rts.
It's crazy to think of having a whole trailer full of those damn things. I was wondering if the driver delivering to monavie has just an insane amount of rts' to deliver there everday. I can only imagine.

Thats all I see here is RTS Monavie's...Only maybe seen 5 or 6 bottles that werent RTS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...We also get broken beer and wine bottles. Wish they would just let us take it home instead of pouring perfectly good bottles of wine down the sink, but this is UPS, and common sense does not apply.

Common sense does apply in this case. Can you imagine how many more damages we would have if this option were available?

drewed

Shankman
Lets say we get a case of scotch (or whatever hazmat in that case) 8 bottles only one breaks, it gets on 4 of the others those 4 others are contaminated and must be destroyed and have a damage done of them, the rest can move on to the destination. Thats the way it works in the air world, Im pretty sure it works that way for ground as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Fair enough--my response was to the poster who thought it unfair that UPS mandated that damages be poured down the sink and thought that employees should be able to take these home.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I took this picture one day and forgot to post it. I was thinking of you ML.

Monavie.jpg

satellitedriver

So this is how this MLM ( Monavie Leaking Money) makes money.

I am a hazmat responder in a large hub, and if there is one leaking package to be seen every night, it is Monavie. I have seen as many as 20 broken boxes containing 4 bottles each that are damaged out on a single shift. Since broken glass is a hazzard to everyone, and shards could be present on an unbroken bottle ready to shread the throats of our customers, we dump every bottle in the box, even if just one bottle is broken.

UPS pays for the damage?

It's always just 1 of 4 bottles that break in each box.

So, if we pay for damaged bottles, Monavie has a 25% profit just from damage?
Darn good business model.
Sell a $1.00 worth of grape juice, as a health drink, to MLM "partners". They sell it for $40.00 and build a pyramid of sellers.
The pyramid will collapse over time, but UPS will pay them for their loss?
Please, tell me that this company comes under the rule that UPS does not insure glass.

drewed

Shankman
So this is how this MLM ( Monavie Leaking Money) makes money.

UPS pays for the damage?

So, if we pay for damaged bottles, Monavie has a 25% profit just from damage?
Darn good business model.
Sell a $1.00 worth of grape juice, as a health drink, to MLM "partners". They sell it for $40.00 and build a pyramid of sellers.
The pyramid will collapse over time, but UPS will pay them for their loss?
Please, tell me that this company comes under the rule that UPS does not insure glass.
When I went through hm10 and damage training, i was given the impression that if you could prove that the items werent shipped in UPS guidlines the damaged refund could be refused....
The guidelines were something crazy like outer box with inner box with atleast two inches of somesort of packing material (peanuts, styrofoam) between them boxes must be in like new condition

Mike Hawk

The point about possible broken glass on a bottle you repack is a good one, those slivers are dangerous. Is it UPS policy to dispose of all items in a shipment where glass is broken? I usually only dispose of it if it can't be wiped off and look new, e.g. soiled label.