To the ISPs

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Well, no. Some of us are profitable.
According to my "boss" (I say the term boss without hardly meaning it because he's an idiot) I make more than he does. He's an idiot. I've broken down more times than I can count. Vehicles maintenance is severely neglected. When I leave, he's not even getting a minutes notice. He'll figure out I'm not coming back when the truck isn't loaded (for free) at 8 AM and I'm nowhere to be found.
Wow you need to get a job that someone didn't force you to take. I can't believe they made you come do your job without your consent. I would stick it to them too, if I was in your circumstance.

Go :censored2: your self. I stay for the same reason every "employee" of fedex stays. Because of family obligations. I was lured in believing one thing and dealt another.

OUMick

According to my "boss" (I say the term boss without hardly meaning it because he's an idiot) I make more than he does. He's an idiot. I've broken down more times than I can count. Vehicles maintenance is severely neglected. When I leave, he's not even getting a minutes notice. He'll figure out I'm not coming back when the truck isn't loaded (for free) at 8 AM and I'm nowhere to be found.

Go :censored2: your self. I stay for the same reason every "employee" of fedex stays. Because of family obligations. I was lured in believing one thing and dealt another.

So you didn't know your rate of pay before starting? No handbook to read and sign off on showing job description?

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
So you didn't know your rate of pay before starting? No handbook to read and sign off on showing job description?

"our drivers make well over $1000 a week. Average hours are 45 a week"

Wrong. I made okay money at first (70 hours a week) but now with the drop in volume I'm lucky to gross $600 a week. Paid by the stop just passes the payroll uncertainty down to the driver. All the contractors better hope they give illegals driver's licenses soon because no American is going to put up with their shenanigans for more than 6 months.

overflowed

"our drivers make well over $1000 a week. Average hours are 45 a week"

Wrong. I made okay money at first (70 hours a week) but now with the drop in volume I'm lucky to gross $600 a week. Paid by the stop just passes the payroll uncertainty down to the driver. All the contractors better hope they give illegals driver's licenses soon because no American is going to put up with their shenanigans for more than 6 months.
sounds to me that ground drivers say one thing but the contractors say different. All the contractors pay great money on here.

FedGT

sounds to me that ground drivers say one thing but the contractors say different. All the contractors pay great money on here.

Paid by the stop HD guy is not what I classify as a Ground driver. Volume, and pickups have been the least of my concerns. No paid by the stop for my guys and I still see the HD puppy regardless of what FedEx says. Lower margins, lower pay, lower volume.

It will be fine

About a month ago this guy was bragging about how much he made. Apparently he didn't understand that there was risk involved with per stop pay. My per stop guys end up making more than the salaried guys, but they have to take the good with the bad. Some weeks are up others are down, it's not hard to understand.

robdabanks

I get paid well as a ground driver. I have a good route also. I get my daily bonuses and my monthly bonus. I have no complaints. I am also close with my contractor, I know what he goes though

TeamLift

It only strengthens the argument that the contractors do not own their own businesses. FedEx is running the show, plain and simple. What a BS operation that is.[/QUOTE

You got that right and they never will, the bottom line is this, if you pay 100000 for a route and in 7 months FedEx says you are not servicing it properly, they can take the route away from you, that's right, take your 100000 route and give it to someone else and your money is gone. Now if that is not an example of not owning a damn thing, I don't know what is. If your not up to scale when the new scam comes to town, they will force you to merge with someone or sell out, there again the decision is theirs, not yours. I always notice after a managers meeting for the next few days every manager says the words, its your business a thousand times, when talking to contractors, tell me that wasn't part of the talking points. The only time it is your business, is when what you decide doesn't make a flip to FedEx. But when there is a penny involved, you will be told what you will do, then reminded that its still your business.

TeamLift

Doors have been locked in my terminal, Cjinx, your full of it. Home delivery guys tell me how they can't leave until x lets them. Pre trips. Haha. Never seen one done.

That's right, I'm in HD and supervisors will not close out your scanner until the entire beltline has been checked, once we were in the office waiting for our paperwork and some clown found a trailer they had missed, how the hell did that happen, we had to come back out, wait 45 min for it to be unloaded as all package handlers were already gone, ground took off and left all that crap for us, huge packages, I got one, laughed and drove my Mercedes out of there, just say no to ground. Pretrips never done except when a manager says, hey, whats that puddle under your truck, I don't know sir, that's a pretrip. Post trips ? if I make it home without the view of a towtruck, that's good enough.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
That's right, I'm in HD and supervisors will not close out your scanner until the entire beltline has been checked, once we were in the office waiting for our paperwork and some clown found a trailer they had missed, how the hell did that happen, we had to come back out, wait 45 min for it to be unloaded as all package handlers were already gone, ground took off and left all that crap for us, huge packages, I got one, laughed and drove my Mercedes out of there, just say no to ground. Pretrips never done except when a manager says, hey, whats that puddle under your truck, I don't know sir, that's a pretrip. Post trips ? if I make it home without the view of a towtruck, that's good enough.

This is the absolute truth.

OUMick

Well your contractor is a fool. It's usually much more cost effective to solve any automotive problem early. Sounds like he needs to learn the value of preventative maintenance.

bbsam

Staff member
It's strange. People will believe every horror story and insist that every success is BS. Why is that?

bbsam

Staff member
I think it's pretty clear what I'm implying. I know all of them in my terminal and 10% of them do it the right way. At 10% I'm being very generous.
And management sees it too. There's a reason they've gotten away from 5 year agreements and are going with 1 or 2. They insist on results whether it's safety, pickup window compliance, delivery percentage...this company is not unaware or nor does it turn a blind eye to it's deficiencies. A shorter Agreement gives the company greater flexibility in moving on from non-performing entities and subpar owners.

I've said it before; ISPs are in constant competition with and being evaluated with respect to others. That doesn't mean I have to be a "yes" man, but it does mean that from time to time I have to decide if this model is worth being involved with. That answer isn't always an easy yes or no.