To the ISPs

Bounty

And management sees it too. There's a reason they've gotten away from 5 year agreements and are going with 1 or 2. They insist on results whether it's safety, pickup window compliance, delivery percentage...this company is not unaware or nor does it turn a blind eye to it's deficiencies. A shorter Agreement gives the company greater flexibility in moving on from non-performing entities and subpar owners.

I've said it before; ISPs are in constant competition with and being evaluated with respect to others. That doesn't mean I have to be a "yes" man, but it does mean that from time to time I have to decide if this model is worth being involved with. That answer isn't always an easy yes or no.
They have turned a blind eye to it since I've been there, and it's the same fools running the terminal. Why do you think it will change? Can you honesty tell me that in your terminal all of the trucks are in good shape, pre trips and post trips are being done. I know you will claim ignorance on the overtime, lunch breaks and everybody actually getting all of their pay on the books. These are the real facts in my terminal and everyone knows it's been going on for years including your heroes in Pittsburgh. Top to bottom!!!

OUMick

They have turned a blind eye to it since I've been there, and it's the same fools running the terminal. Why do you think it will change? Can you honesty tell me that in your terminal all of the trucks are in good shape, pre trips and post trips are being done. I know you will claim ignorance on the overtime, lunch breaks and everybody actually getting all of their pay on the books. These are the real facts in my terminal and everyone knows it's been going on for years including your heroes in Pittsburgh. Top to bottom!!!

You are like a broken record. If you were so against it, why didn't you go report to everyone you're headed to now? I mean if it's wrong you should have taken steps to correct for everybody. If you didn't do to save your neck, (like you've alluded to in previous post) you are no better than the people you are bitching about. Grow up.

Bounty

1 or 2 year agreements, where are you going to find a fool with a million bucks to buy a "business" for a 1 year agreement.

Bounty

You are like a broken record. If you were so against it, why didn't you go report to everyone you're headed to now? I mean if it's wrong you should have taken steps to correct for everybody. If you didn't do to save your neck, (like you've alluded to in previous post) you are no better than the people you are bitching about. Grow up.
I don't even understand your English.

OUMick

I don't even understand your English.
1.) Why are you waiting to report it to all the agencies you are headed to now?
2.) Was it because it could hurt your business?
3.) If it was you're no better than the people you are bitching about now. They cover it up but so did you.
4.) If it's so bad, you should have reported it to "save" everyone before you were getting out.

Clear enough?

Crozz

1 or 2 year agreements, where are you going to find a fool with a million bucks to buy a "business" for a 1 year agreement.
If your good at what you do why wouldn't you want 1-2 year agreements. I wouldn't want a 5 year agreement and being stuck with a contract that has no growth opportunity. And another note I have not seen a contractor not get renewed yet unless he broke the agreement. They have no interest in just pulling a contract to just be asses.

Bounty

How long did you operate under the IC agreement with 1 year agreements? They've always been able to easily terminate at renewal dates.
I did not invest a million dollars. Risk reward for that kind of money not worth it. Wouldn't give you 1/10 of that for 20 routes for a 1 year agreement.

bbsam

Staff member
See, guys like you want it both ways. You claim all these horrors but when X moves to put pressure to fix them, you claim the model is a scam and contractors aren't running a business.

Bounty

See, guys like you want it both ways. You claim all these horrors but when X moves to put pressure to fix them, you claim the model is a scam and contractors aren't running a business.
That's the problem with the whole scam it can't work! Now, I think you got it!

It will be fine

I did not invest a million dollars. Risk reward for that kind of money not worth it. Wouldn't give you 1/10 of that for 20 routes for a 1 year agreement.
You didn't answer the question. It's obvious you're very risk averse, you're still a single van contractor after ? years. Your unwillingness to buy routes has no bearing on their value to actual business men.

bbsam

Staff member
That's the problem with the whole scam it can't work! Now, I think you got it!
It can work if the business agrees to the conditions. That's what the Agreementis all about. Those entities that do not are free to leave.

OUMick

You wouldn't invest $100k to get $300k back in a year? That explains a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the following. If he's been a contractor for a few years, wouldn't he have had the chance to acquire routes for no more than the cost of hiring a person and buying a truck? If so, you can't really trust his judgement on investing in a business.