Today's PCM: You will be fired....

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
About 30 years ago, I got audited by a brand new, hard line, by the book CS when I came back to the building PM. She looked and looked, trying to find something that I did wrong. Finally, I saw her face light up. "you didn't put a service cross on your send agains." I asked her what was the point of a service cross, then I answered my own question. "to remember to write 4 things down on the package, right?". She agreed. I said all 4 things are on there, right? " Well, yes, but I'm instructing you to write a service cross on every package." I told her I was an atheist. (not true) I was just yanking her chain. She wrote me up for not having the cross on my packages. Next day, I barely stopped rolling PM when she jumped on my car. another audit. "I thought I told you put a service cross on all your packages?" I could hear the excitement in her voice. "I did. look real close." I had made a cross as small as I possibly could with an ink pen on each send again. maybe a 1/16" of an inch across. I told her " you never told me it had to be a certain size." Her face turned red, she sputtered a couple of times, she jumped off my package car and never bothered me again.

aiian

I've never seen or heard of this PAL peeling method.

I can't imagine peeling off 12OO PALs a day is any easier than scribbling on the same number of packages.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I never knew preload had PCM's. I was on preload for 2.5 years before I started driving and we never ever had a PCM. You walked in, punched in and started your job. Done.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I can't imagine peeling off 12OO PALs a day is any easier than scribbling on the same number of packages.
It's faster than trying to read my chicken scratch writing...

They "supposedly" told the center manager that they will not do it. That is failure to follow.

Work as directed. Write the numbers on the boxes. As soon as it blows up in their face, it will change.
Not supposedly....it was said in a room full of 30 guys. Not smart....I'll piss and moan as much as the next guy but I usually know when to keep my mouth shut. A few others might disagree though...lol

By The Book

Not supposedly....it was said in a room full of 30 guys. Not smart....I'll piss and moan as much as the next guy but I usually know when to keep my mouth shut. A few others might disagree though...lol
I guess the handwriting could get sloppy or dislecsic. Now they'll tell you your handwriting isn't good enough or you don't copy down numbers fast enough.

At our center PCM this morning...our center manager told us failure to follow instructions and work as directed will result in immediate termination. All loaders must use crayons to write HIN #s. No peeling stickers. Two loaders balked, argued and said they weren't going to do it because it takes too long (I agree with them). Both guys were walked out the
door. Way to drop the hammer _____ Center. :rolleyes2:
Local 804 has the best issues.

9.5er

Our centers preloader have been instructed to write the numbers on the box also. I have seen numerous boxes with the numbers written wrong, backwards, or illegible.
Also now instead of loading them in sequence order they place them on top of each other or behind other boxes. No telling where I may find the packages now.

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
At our center PCM this morning...our center manager told us failure to follow instructions and work as directed will result in immediate termination. All loaders must use crayons to write HIN #s. No peeling stickers. Two loaders balked, argued and said they weren't going to do it because it takes too long (I agree with them). Both guys were walked out the
door. Way to drop the hammer _____ Center. :rolleyes2:

You guys know that we do get paid by the hour? So what's the problem?

Refusing to do what the center manager says and then arguing about it was not very smart.

WAD, Follow your safety methods they have you learn and sign and keep a positive attitude (even when its hard).

Like someone stated, if it takes you an extra 45minutes every day, then so be it. I've never seen anyone ever fired for misloads or work performance, unless you are still on probation.

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.

Some loaders do it, some don't. When I loaded I had 3 trucks to load. I only peeled for one truck. The driver that came in early
to help me load his truck and the same driver that gave me a nice little card and a bottle of southern comfort after peak.

And if you were just an :censored2: that came in and complained every day and didn't help me, then your load was :censored2:.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My loader does this---it is an absolute waste of time .

Writing on the boxes is an absolute waste of time.

Resident know-it-all.
Um....no actually it's not, as I already explained to you in another thread. It is a loading aid for LOADERS NOT DRIVERS.

But okay Dave, I'll bite. If I have a package for your truck...HIN# is 3650. I take the box to the 3000 shelf..and see 9 packages already on that shelf...but I can't see the HIN #'s for any of them. How can I properly load the package #3650 without moving (or touching) at least two previous loaded packages on that shelf to determine PAL order? You know better....so tell me Dave....I'd really like to know!
The alternative is I glance at the shelf...scan the HINs and quickly place the package next to 3700. Done.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

I only said supposedly because "I" do not know for a fact. I could have said, "If what you say is true, I have no knowledge, then this is the outcome."

Regardless, this is not the reason for the post. I was responding to Brownslave688

Then they never actually failed to WAD.

His impression was that they had to start preloading, not put numbers on the box and then get fired for failing to work as directed. I was just pointing out that this is not the case.

If your center manager tells you to do something, and you tell him no, you will not do it (unless it is unsafe, immoral or illegal), that is grounds for immediate termination. You don't actually have to "not" do what he instructs you to do, but just have to tell him you refuse to do it. Either way, good luck with the grievance process and getting you job back.

Put the numbers on the box, stay later to wrap up. Make more money. Or let them pay the drivers to wrap up, or hire more preloaders. The latter 2 options will cost them more money. In a short time, it will go back to the way it was.