Told to sign a sheet titled "mandatory attendance"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I would add, "unless I am sick, in which case I may call in", as per union contract. Just write it in by your name but don't sign.

Mr.Golden

Last night my part time supervisor told all his employees they had to sign a sheet that told us the start time for today (Good Friday) was 4:30 and attendance was mandatory. We were also told if we didn't sign it our jobs were on the line. I can't believe they try this stuff. What does the contract say about this? Certainly we can't be penalized for taking a religious holiday.

Anytime to you have to sign for something u can "rts" it. I believe the only thing u can't do it for d.o.t. stuff

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Last night my part time supervisor told all his employees they had to sign a sheet that told us the start time for today (Good Friday) was 4:30 and attendance was mandatory. We were also told if we didn't sign it our jobs were on the line. I can't believe they try this stuff. What does the contract say about this? Certainly we can't be penalized for taking a religious holiday.

You can't be penalized for taking ANY day off, as long as you follow your locals call in procedures. You can call out during peak. You'll tick people off, but there's NOTHING they can do