Too Busy To Golf

fishtm2001

I've seen it reported that Hillary charges the Secret Service to stay at her New York estate.
The amount is $1,100 per month, an amount that the Secret Service calculated because of a requirement in the US Constitution that the Secret Service pay a fair value for space they require. The reason that past presidents did not set values for this is, because as far as I know , no past president was in the previous business of being a landlord. However, Trump was and is a landlord, so the Constitution requires that a fair rent be paid for the use of his properties, so what did he do ? When he became president, the membership costs at his resorts doubled , which probably means that the rent that the Secret Service has to pay at those resorts has doubled.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Joe Biden’s favorite part is keeping his crooked son and bag man out of prison.
E2FKad9XsAAkLjC.jpeg

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
donald's least favorite thing about being president was all the actual work involved. One of his favorite? Bilking taxpayers for millions of dollars by regularly charging the government for use of his for-profit clubs, which he insisted on visiting throughout his presidency. What a guy!
Smart as hell.
All legal.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anybody see Sleepy Joe hit the golf ball backwards? How is that possible. He sucks at everything he does!

vantexan

The amount is $1,100 per month, an amount that the Secret Service calculated because of a requirement in the US Constitution that the Secret Service pay a fair value for space they require. The reason that past presidents did not set values for this is, because as far as I know , no past president was in the previous business of being a landlord. However, Trump was and is a landlord, so the Constitution requires that a fair rent be paid for the use of his properties, so what did he do ? When he became president, the membership costs at his resorts doubled , which probably means that the rent that the Secret Service has to pay at those resorts has doubled.
I don't believe the Secret Service was started when the Constitution was written. Also keep in mind that his business probably suffered when he was staying there because of all the security measures. And what is fair value in Jackson, MS is definitely not in Palm Beach, FL. If you're going to compare apples to apples remember that Obama and family took numerous vacations to very expensive places. His oldest daughter took a long trip with friends to South America. That required 24/7 Secret Service coverage and those guys have to eat and sleep too. Say what you like about George W., but I doubt his vacations to his ranch in Crawford, TX hurt the Federal budget that much. Both Trump and Obama spent way too much on the perks of the job. As does Pelosi.

fishtm2001

I don't believe the Secret Service was started when the Constitution was written. Also keep in mind that his business probably suffered when he was staying there because of all the security measures. And what is fair value in Jackson, MS is definitely not in Palm Beach, FL. If you're going to compare apples to apples remember that Obama and family took numerous vacations to very expensive places. His oldest daughter took a long trip with friends to South America. That required 24/7 Secret Service coverage and those guys have to eat and sleep too. Say what you like about George W., but I doubt his vacations to his ranch in Crawford, TX hurt the Federal budget that much. Both Trump and Obama spent way too much on the perks of the job. As does Pelosi.

fishtm2001

Rasmussen Reports, which Trump regularly promoted throughout his one term in office because it gave him consistently stronger approval ratings compared to other pollsters, informed its readers that Biden is "on track for his highest 3-day average daily presidential job approval % of his new presidency."

Sad!

vantexan

That doesn't mean that the Federal government paid for all of that in Trump's business nor does it mean it all went into Trump's pocket. Not by a long shot.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Rasmussen Reports, which Trump regularly promoted throughout his one term in office because it gave him consistently stronger approval ratings compared to other pollsters, informed its readers that Biden is "on track for his highest 3-day average daily presidential job approval % of his new presidency."

Sad!
Good for them. The bunker lockdown combined with the no question policy and heavy media protection is working! Can't argue with success.