Took Package Car Keys Home

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Our so-called car wash guys have master fobs that work on all the cars if the driver takes a fob home.
Every morning while i'm sorting my air after pcm my rear door clicks (unlocks). My guess is that someone else's fob is on a similar frequency and when they click to start theirs, the signal is the same as if i'm holding my fob button down. The first time this happened I just assumed I must have hit my button while bending over but it happens even if the fob is still on the hook in the cab.

FilingBluesFL

Been there and done that. Over 20 years ago I always left the keys in the ignition. Backed up to a dock one day and went about my business loading up the truck. Supervisor doing an on area observation decides to be funny and take my keys. Get back in the cab and notice no keys in the ignition so I reach into my pocket for my "spare" set. Start up the truck and continue the route. About 15 minutes later the supervisor confronts me with the keys. Told him "A planned day makes a safe day" and I had planned to lose my keys at some point and had always carried the spare key as a result. He just laughed it off. Sometimes older is better.

I had a crap-bag preload sup who thinks he's Gods gift to UPS do this to me one day while on the road.

Stopped at a rural gas station to get lunch and take my nap. He was there getting gas for his lawn business equipment. While I was in the back napping, he decided to take the keys out of the bulkhead. I woke up, noticed they were gone, and punched in and started sorting. After 10 minutes of him watching me while drinking beer, he comes over, reeking of beer, and starts giving me a lecture about why I should have the keys on me at all times.

I SHOULD have called the sheriffs and had him arrested for DUI and fired from UPS, but I guess I'm just too nice.

Looking back, I really should have. But then again, he's ALWAYS good for a grievance for management working.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Our so-called car wash guys have master fobs that work on all the cars if the driver takes a fob home.
One FOB can operate up to 25 different systems of the same model. There are currently 2 different and incompatible systems. 2011 (gray button) and 2012 (brown button). The whole spare FOB scenario usually falls down because the spares are so casually brought out and so many drivers insist on removing the number tags.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My route used to be adjacent to a training route, and rather than continually having to drive out to open the door for the newbies who would inevitably lock their keys in the back, my center manager gave me a master key so that I could do it instead.

I wound up getting a call one night at about 8:00 from our OMS...while I was on vacation. A newbie had locked his keys in the back, there weren't any management people available to drive out to him, and he had stops left as well as pickup volume that needed to get back to the center ASAP. I live in the same city that the training route delivers to and the newbie was parked less than a mile from my house. The OMS begged me pretty pretty PLEEEEASE to drive over there and let the poor schmuck back into his truck. So being the nice guy that I am, I went ahead and did it. When I got back from vacation, they added 15 minutes of "clerk time" onto my timecard so that I would get paid for the time.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My route used to be adjacent to a training route, and rather than continually having to drive out to open the door for the newbies who would inevitably lock their keys in the back, my center manager gave me a master key so that I could do it instead.

I wound up getting a call one night at about 8:00 from our OMS...while I was on vacation. A newbie had locked his keys in the back, there weren't any management people available to drive out to him, and he had stops left as well as pickup volume that needed to get back to the center ASAP. I live in the same city that the training route delivers to and the newbie was parked less than a mile from my house. The OMS begged me pretty pretty PLEEEEASE to drive over there and let the poor schmuck back into his truck. So being the nice guy that I am, I went ahead and did it. When I got back from vacation, they added 15 minutes of "clerk time" onto my timecard so that I would get paid for the time.

Was the OMS hot?:)