Tool talk

rod

Retired 22 years
1701752047143.png

I tried it today out in the shop. It works anyway you put them. At least with my wrenches it does.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I used to stop for all bungee straps.
I had an eagle eye for tools on the side of the road. I had a whole toolbox full of hammers, prybars and come alongs. Best thing I ever snagged was an 18' aluminum extension ladder. It slid off the highway into some grass. It was like brand new. I was in my tractor and spied it from above late one night.. Came by after work and got in my pickup. Best thing I saw, but was gone when I came back, was an oxygen/acetylene set with the hoses and torch attached. It was in a sharp curve on an uninhabited road. I thought I hid it good enough. lol. Latest thing I found in retirement was this snap-on test light. (retail $103.50) It got scratched up, but still works just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_6040.jpg
    IMG_6040.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 16

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Latest thing I found in retirement was this snap-on test light. (retail $103.50)
Boy is anyone who would pay that getting taken to the cleaners. That's almost as much as a decent multimeter. I can't imagine being a big enough sucker to pay $103.50 for a test light. I could make one for $10.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Boy is anyone who would pay that getting taken to the cleaners. That's almost as much as a decent multimeter. I can't imagine being a big enough sucker to pay $103.50 for a test light. I could make one for $10.
I agree. About the only thing going for it is it got run over at least once, and it's still working fine. Funny addendum: I was sitting at a stop sign when I saw this in front of me in the middle of the road. I jumped out of my truck to get it about the same time a guy saw it on the road where it was laying. He was going to stop to get it, but by the time he got turned around, I nabbed it.
By the way, it is not an ordinary test light. It also gives the voltage readings in LED's digitally. That's why it's worth $103.50. lol.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Now that I have enough space, I redid my tool inventory at work. It took me a couple hours. Updates are required for insurance purposes and I found things I had forgotten about.