(Toonertoo): More on working in the heat

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just another boring thread.
My husband had a heart attack. Probaly on Sunday. He finally drove himself , luckily he could to the ER, today. Very hard headed about being ill, as most of us are. He thought he was in good shape, and he is, and he drank plenty of water, that day. And it still got him. He was roofing, and I was there when I think it happened. But he would not go to the hospital. It took 3 days of being in pain to go for help, stupid, stupid stupid, I should have hogtied him and dragged him in, but I didnt. Now hes in there, and if he had went right away they could have given him drugs to reverse the damage. Now they cannot. So do not second guess, if you are nauseous, dizzzy, chest pain, go to the freaking hospital. For him, please say prayers, as I do not want to lose him. Will know more tomorrow. Thanks Tooner

rebel

Re: More on working in the heat

My husband had a heart attack. Probaly on Sunday. He finally drove himself , luckily he could to the ER, today. Very hard headed about being ill, as most of us are. He thought he was in good shape, and he is, and he drank plenty of water, that day. And it still got him. He was roofing, and I was there when I think it happened. But he would not go to the hospital. It took 3 days of being in pain to go for help, stupid, stupid stupid, I should have hogtied him and dragged him in, but I didnt. Now hes in there, and if he had went right away they could have given him drugs to reverse the damage. Now they cannot. So do not second guess, if you are nauseous, dizzzy, chest pain, go to the freaking hospital. For him, please say prayers, as I do not want to lose him. Will know more tomorrow. Thanks Tooner

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

upsgrunt

You have my thoughts and prayers; if there is anything any of us can do for you please ask! Godspeed!

Sammie

Keep us posted, Tooner. Thinking of you both and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

God Bless.

705red

Browncafe Steward

Our prayers are with you and yours. Im sure i speak for all of us, just concern yourself with your family for now, ups will be here when you get back.

moreluck

golden ticket member

June, stay strong and you have our prayers.
Hope everything turns out fine. Keep us posted.
Take care.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Thanks all< I am staying positive. Im just hoping he doesnt try to check himself out. He spent 6 months in a hospital for a broken back, and does not like them.

This is the first night without pain since Sunday, they have him hooked up to all kinds of stuff, and has nitro, so Im hoping he is sleeping finally. I got the call at 515, and I had help by 530, and dumped my truck, and left. So mgmt did me fine this time. It was a very long ride to the hospital, all they told me was he is alive and get here as soon as you possibly can. What an awful phone call. I was very lucky as a fellow driver on vaca showed up and my son who was working near here.
Thanks for the support.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

June,
I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby. My thoughts and prayers go out to both of you. Do what you got to do, family is the most important thing we have to worry about.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

hope all is well with your husband,i'm sure he will bounce back! sounds like a tough man with a great wife !!!! keep us up to date !!!!!!:thumbup1:

hdkappler

oct.27,1995 i had aheart attack on route.i was lucky god was watching over me.i had a health care clinic on my area and the dr.told me what i had.they called an ambilance forme.i handed them the keys.they called the center and told them the driver on route was on his way to the hospital told them the truck was at this address.tooner you are in my prayers.

UPS Lifer

I am saddened to hear about your husband. My prayers are with you, your husband and family.

The best healing power is your love and the love and support of your family.
Love works miracles. I have no doubt!
God bless you!

beatupbrown

Wow that sounds terrible Toonertoo.My next door neighbor felt like he had the flu for a couple days then went to doc he had blockage in his veins.This man runs marathons and eat good.
I had a close friend who once was a UPS driver who had a heat attack in his early 40s.
They both had stints put in there body.
The good news both these men are healthier now then they have ever been .
Modern medicine can do some remarkable things.
This could be a new path for him to live a better life .
Good luck!!

area43

Tooner, this is not just another boring thread. I have read many of your posts and feel that your are one of the cornerstones of the Brown Cafe. Tooner, you may not be aware of this but you have touched many lives, mine included on this site. I will pray for your husband as well as the rest of your family. take care and God Bless area 43

trickpony1

Tooner-
I just stumbled on this thread and heard the news.
I am so sorry.
Through the years I have been inspired by your wit, sincerity and unadulterated romanticism. Your husband is so lucky to have a good woman by his side.
You and he are in my prayers and thoughts.
Godspeed!

lost

My thoughts and prayers are with you as well, I know I am fairly new to the brown cafe but I stay in the same boat with my husband, he is diabetic and also has heart issue, I understand the hard headness and the strength you as his wife has to have to deal with the whole situation. If you need to talk drop me a line.

tieguy

Banned

my prayers to you and he tooner. Hang tough. His strength will come from your strength and support.