(Toonertoo): More on working in the heat

aspenleaf

Re: More on working in the heat

tooner~ I hope he gets better. How horrible for you both to go through this. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.

satellitedriver

Hey June,
If God listens to my prayers, he is getting an earfull from me. The best news is that he is in the hospital and stablized. Stay positive and strong.
PAX

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

I want you all to know I aprreciate all your pms, and well wishes on here, I would cry but Im too worn out.
He was transferred to 2 differnt hospitals, and they did the heart cath at 6am, and at 11 am he was on his way to surgery. He had a quad bypass. His left ventricale thingy was almost totally blocked, which from what I remember is called a widowmaker. They also said it was his 2nd one because the back? of his heart has scar tissue. He had 5? other blocked or ready to die, they replaced 3 and said when the others dies, the new ones will take over. They did not have time to schedule it, as they did not feel they could get him through the weekend. It took about 6 hrs, and he was still under when I saw him, but they said his bp was great, I think something like 128/ 76? Im not sure, but they said good, better than the 190 over something it was last night. And the oxygen was 100% and they said you cant get any better than that. They made me leave, so I came home to tend to the dog, and dishes and all things left undone.
Hes a lucky man to be alive, they said with the widowmaker, almost always they just drop and thats the end of him. It was the most harrowing hours I ever spent. I went through this with my Dad but at least my Dad was old. And had his first heart attack at 29, a by pass when he was 75 and died at 79, and not from a heart attack. Medicine is wonderful, and those of you who are in it are angels on earth. I was all alone for the first three hours as it happened so fast with family far away, no one could get there. The staff and nurses were absolutely wonderful, and had him laughing and joking til they whacked him out. I knew he was in the best hands I could have got him in, with no notice. And they were so totally good to me.
My extended family here, at my center, and people I havent heard from in a while somehow found out. Neighbors I never knew have offered their services, any time day or night.
Makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over.
But the best part is he is alive and while I thank you all for your support, from the bottom of my heart, I thank God or whatever fate was involved, for letting him have a second chance.

moreluck

golden ticket member

June,

Thanks for the update. He will be resting and he's in good hands.......you need to do the same. Don't forget to eat and get some sleep.....you're gonna need it.

Prayers are still going on for a speedy recovery!

Take care of yourself and be strong.
Take Care,
Joyce

DS

Fenderbender

Yea tooner, thanks for taking the time to let us know.You were on my mind a lot yesterday,as I`m sure you were with a most of us here. I`m sure your brain is pretty much frazzled at this point,so do something to relax.Go rent finding nemo and share some popcorn with the dog.

Sammie

GREAT NEWS June! Not to minimize your husbands surgery, but a similar situation happened to my body builder neighbor and after recovering, he's back to his competitions again. Today's medical world is unbelievable. Your man will be fine, he just needs some R and R now.

And you remember to take care of yourself! We all appreciate you and your health and happiness are important to us. You take time for yourself, too Missy!!

satellitedriver

Great news,
Get some rest. You will need it. The ole' man is going to be just as hard headed and full of piss and vinegar when he gets out of the hospital.
PAX

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Off ventilator, eating, walking and talking. he isnt the same. Is it drugs, hes on? Hes different, doesnt even seem like himself, Im not sure, but hes not the same guy. I didnt notice it with my dad, but he seems like he lost himself. He doesnt even sound the same, his voice is lost.
God i hope not. Im not up on what the pain killers do, but he seems like he forgot the last yr. Could he have been that sick that long?
Head nurse said they sometimes lose parts of their personality with the byass. Is that true, calling aspenleaf...or is it the drugs?
He is way too calm and reasonable, and focused, on what he didnt like about his life.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Give it time. My hubby said he didn't feel right for a long time after being under anesthesia (back surgery).

It's hard to see the strong men so helpless & weak when they are suppose to be the "strong ones". Hang in there.

lost

Give it time, my father in law went through the same thing, it took him a while but he is back to his old self. I can tell you that with my husbands illness I read up on any new info that comes out including all his meds as well as new meds that are coming out. I try to keep my own personal record of his blood sugars, blood pressure and heart rate daily, It gives me peace of mind. Don't forget to take time out for your self or you you wont be able to help him.

satellitedriver

Hey June,
Your husband is going to be fine, in time. Post-Partum depression,reflection on one's mortality and heavy drugs all have an effect on the strongest of us.
Remember, that you, also, are not the same person you were a week ago.
Just be there for him.
PAX

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

He is home, the morphine made him weird. hes fine now. Thanks all, gotta go. tooner

Upslady20

Tooner I am glad your husband is fine.. My dad had no tolerance to morphine and saw little people for a long time. We had to play along with him until he finally quit seeing them. Enjoy your time with your husband and try and get some relaxation in while you our out.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

I went through it with my dad and he was just tired. My husband was like a total :censored2:. He hated me, probably still will for a while since I forced him to go, or die. They gave him vicodin, now hes just happy to be home with his dog, and his "stuff'. Pain hurts less when you are home.
Now all we got to do is talk them into a valium bottle for the family and the procedure will be a lot better:lol: For tonite hes resting, Im having a bud or two, and all is well in the world. Thanks again for all the support.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

Oh June, I accidently stumbled into this thread... I had no idea that you were going through this...

{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}

aspenleaf

tooner~ glad he is doing better. Morphine can do some strange stuff to you! As for the surgery time will heal your husband: Typically people will feel back to 80-90% of normal in 4 to 6 months and back to 100% (or better) of normal within the year. I hope the personality change was just the morphine. I don't have any experience in heart surgery but I know that they give Versed (before surgery) and that will make you "forget" things for a short time.

You both need some rest. Best of luck to you!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

June/Tooner,

I suspect a June/Tooner would be one of those people that exudes LOVE in a time of need and would be expecting her stubborn husband to get well sooner than later.

God bless you and we are here for you!:thumbup1:

Tony