Top UPS execs get more stock incentives, 10 percent raises

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I hate to play the devils advocate here but
stock is up 10% in the last year. He, like us, is making a lot of people money.

Here's one way to look at it: we're the highest compensated full-time employees in our industry whereas Fred S would be applying for food stamps if he only made what David Abney made.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I hate to play the devils advocate here but
stock is up 10% in the last year. He, like us, is making a lot of people money.

Here's one way to look at it: we're the highest compensated full-time employees in our industry whereas Fred S would be applying for food stamps if he only made what David Abney made.
To be fair... Fred S built that Company from the ground up....DA did not

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Wonder if we will get 10% in 2018
$1.00 an hour raise, split in august and february. probably will look to take away your overtime premium for the day after thanksgiving by eliminating that holiday. and watch out but the health insurance may take some kind of hit that we would never expect. what have you done for brown?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
$1.00 an hour raise, split in august and february. probably will look to take away your overtime premium for the day after thanksgiving by eliminating that holiday. and watch out but the health insurance may take some kind of hit that we would never expect. what have you done for brown?
Not if the Union has some nads!

Cementups

Box Monkey
We've gotten smaller raises over the last two contracts so I would assume the trend would continue.
Three contracts ago our raises were ~3.1%
Two contracts ago our raises were ~2.7%
This last contract our raises were ~2.1%
They never do the math for you like that because it would make you see the reality. Instead they say they are going to give us the same raises to make it seem like you aren't getting less. But if you do the math we get less and less every year, but the stock holders and management get more and more.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They should be taking it to ups...no reason to slide on anything...ups has manipulated the negotiations to where we have to trade the smallest, insignificant things that should never be on the bargining table. If they don't want to bargain in good faith then walk the friend out..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maybe I should call and inquire about the surepost debacle... See what they say about that.. Which will be in my top three negotiating issues for the next contract along with over supervision and fing workload amounts which have gone through the roof...