Totally My Fault...

Junkyard Willie

I've worked for these suckas for a few years so I've a general grasp of how things run and what to expect, or so I'd like to think...
That being said, feel free to lambast me for missing a shift and not having direct deposit set up.
Long story short, I missed last Friday (payday) so no check. Monday arrives: check missing. Tuesday rolls around: check still MIA. Informed by FT Supe, "Well, payment's been stopped on your check but at least you get TWO checks this Friday!" Steward is promptly summoned. Grievance filed.
Is it true that for each day horseplay qnd buffoonery take precedence over...oh, I don't know, Early AMing a new check out this way...I'm entitled to an additional half a day's pay?!
Your advice is always appreciated.
Also feel free to knock me down a peg for not having read the entire contract yet. Suppose I could get on that right now.

542thruNthru

I've worked for these suckas for a few years so I've a general grasp of how things run and what to expect, or so I'd like to think...
That being said, feel free to lambast me for missing a shift and not having direct deposit set up.
Long story short, I missed last Friday (payday) so no check. Monday arrives: check missing. Tuesday rolls around: check still MIA. Informed by FT Supe, "Well, payment's been stopped on your check but at least you get TWO checks this Friday!" Steward is promptly summoned. Grievance filed.
Is it true that for each day horseplay qnd buffoonery take precedence over...oh, I don't know, Early AMing a new check out this way...I'm entitled to an additional half a day's pay?!
Also feel free to knock me down a peg for not having read the entire contract yet. Suppose I could get on that right now.

Read this and use it my friend. They lost your check so it is a "shortage". File the grievance if they don't want to NDA it to you.
Screenshot_20180821-221414.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What buffoon stops a check after only a few days? Usually they sit in a desk drawer somewhere.

watdaflock?

Why didn't you inform the Sup on Monday, that your checks missing?

Ms. Sort

Package Handler
LOL. Whenever a supe or manager looms or hovers I just ask about "a mistake on my last check" and POOF! They find someone else to bother. Seriously though, if you have an attendance problem and filed a grievance be prepared for retaliation.
Best of luck!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Did they screw up the amount of your paycheck ? NO
Did they fail to pay you for work rendered ? NO
Was your check misplaced ? YES

You have no grounds for a grievance or extra pay!
Plus they will and did cancel your old check and issued another one when you TOLD THEM you never received the original.

giphy.gif