Tour help!!

Gr4ffbomber14

I got a tour on Tuesday at 6:30 pm, for a Part Time Package Handler. I'm not sure how to dress like, if I should wear casual jeans or slacks? Or what kind of shirt to wear either? Would my Converse be ok shoes to wear to this also? And can I have a goatee or do I have to be clean shaven all the way?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Wear whatever you'd like. Nobody's judging your appearance for this job. Last week we had guys tour our building who look like they were here to shoot a rap video. Of course, if you want to make a positive impression, dress conservatively (jeans & t-shirt).

If hired, you'll need to wear a pair of sturdy upper leather shoes.

Nimnim

The Nim
Wear something comfortable though nothing more fancy than a polo and slacks. You can show up in a t-shirt and jeans, just don't show up in something full of holes and filthy. Any footwear is fine as long as they cover the whole foot. Facial hair, make it look neat but it doesn't matter if you have it or not.

mattbe

I went in for a tour at my local center the other day. I wore a nice pair of jeans (dark blue, with a kind of worn look to them) with a button down shirt. I didn't wear dress shoes or anything like that, but I have some white shoes that look good. I shaved and all of that good stuff before I went as well.

J

jibbs

Not gonna lie, I went into my initial tour with a long sleeved Polo, khaki's and casual shoes and felt ridiculously overdressed and out of place.

Stick with what others have told you-- jeans or work pants/Dickies and a decent shirt that looks nice but you wouldn't mind accidentally getting a little dirty throughout the tour. You can dress up if you want, man, but if you're self-conscious in the least I think you'll feel out of place when you see what a majority of the others you're with are wearing (likely including the person giving the tour).

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
And make it through the tour without bailing. I can't count how many people I've seen walk out during their tour. A group of 10 at the beginning ends up being a group of 6 at the end.

LOL, reminds me of my days in the Hub on the Midnight Sort. When we stopped for our ten minute break, I remember a couple of new people just headed straight for the door.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
And be on time, very important. The HR person giving the tour does not not wait for people showing up late. I would advise to show up a little early in case traffic is heavy. Like others said, just dress casual and look presentable. I always feel a little sorry for the ones touring the building wearing a suit. I admire their desire, its just overkill for this type of position.

ups hero

Not gonna lie, I went into my initial tour with a long sleeved Polo, khaki's and casual shoes and felt ridiculously overdressed and out of place.

Stick with what others have told you-- jeans or work pants/Dickies and a decent shirt that looks nice but you wouldn't mind accidentally getting a little dirty throughout the tour. You can dress up if you want, man, but if you're self-conscious in the least I think you'll feel out of place when you see what a majority of the others you're with are wearing (likely including the person giving the tour).

H3LL, my interview 12 plus yrs ago I wore a suit and tie. I really felt like a dork when I saw what the rest of the people dressed like. I bet 99 percent of them thought I would only make it 2 days.... All 8 that were in class with me for training were all gone within the first year.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
UPS needs to upload a virtual tour. You know, one hosted by a hot girl who tours a building in which packages are moving at a snails pace as she seductively talks into the camera.

ups hero

UPS needs to upload a virtual tour. You know, one hosted by a hot girl who tours a building in which packages are moving at a snails pace as she seductively talks into the camera.

.. And in the background have a typical worker flipping out ,yelling, cursing, and throwing packages. ...that way they get a realistic image too. Lol!!