TP-60 Safety

bigbrownhen

I have had the joy of pulling a TP-60 as well. There was no training what so ever. I asked the regualr driver I was going to cover for to show me a few pointers on hooking it up, but that was all the training I recieved. I have pulled many cattle trailers and boats, so I had some prior experience. I actually had to show a sup how to hook it up.
The way they are sateliting routes left and right, using more of these trailers, all of us should have some training on hooking and pulling those things. Its not too bad once you get the hang of it.

Ms Spoken

Yes I have also had the pleasure of dealing with negative tongue balance with an empty TP-60. Nobody around to help hold some weight on the tongue. Humm so I drag out an OS 140lbs package place it on the front of the trailer to help hold it down. Then you jump like hell to get the hitch and lock to work.
Pulling the TP was no problem since I have pulled our 32ft camper anywhere we need to go. Just remember it will follow you.
I did speak with the regular driver and he has the same problem so I took it to the safety team.
Problem has been solved with four 5gal buckets of sand placed in the front of the TP-60.

City Driver

yea u can pull a trailer lock that without it being locked in, ive had 1 fall off 1 time, it was my uncles trailer and he had hitched it.....he had the trailer for years so i didnt think twice to just pull off without checking the coupling...then about 3 miles later i hit a bump and the trailer just fell off, safety chains held though

he didnt have the locking pin in, it was nowhere to be found

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I did speak with the regular driver and he has the same problem so I took it to the safety team.
Problem has been solved with four 5gal buckets of sand placed in the front of the TP-60.

Amazing. That is the first time in 22 years that I have ever heard of a safety committee actually solving a problem.

Had that situation occured here....the only result would have been 3 years of discussing the problem at the monthly meetings before inventing a Six Point Negative Balance Commentary for all employees to memorize and recite on cue. The problem would remain unsolved...but at least we would all get a muffin.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Sober

I understand your frustration with what you perceive your safety committee is all about. I have also told you that the best way to change it is to get involved. That way, the company has someone with some guts to stand up for what is right and needs to be done.

It cheap shots that come from the outside from people that dont want to get their hands dirty that bring things down, instead of making them better. Dont like whats going on? Get involved and change things.

That is the first time in 22 years that I have ever heard of a safety committee actually solving a problem.
I think old age is catching up with you. It must be that your memory is failing, as I and others have posted about things we have accomplished via the safety/grievance procedures.

Can/did we solve them all? nope. But many are still being worked on. But then you already knew that.

d