Tracking Package Question

dienamicz

Hey everyone.. I have a question concerning a package that im waiting for..

The package im waiting for was shipped out on June 1 and its supposed to be delivered today on June 6... When i go over to the ups site to track my package it displays the following:

5:30P.M. PICKUP SCAN US 06/01/2007....BROOKLYN, NY, US
3:40P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

this information has not been updated since June 1st, i would like to know what this means? will i be receiving my package today or has it been lost and no one has scan it after being received by UPS.. Thank you

Tracking #: 1ZVX57324291210286

Salesguy

Sales Member
With all due respect, I do not really think this is the place or time we should talk on shipment level.

These guys really deserve a break once in a while!

If I can make a suggestion I would advise you to call the customer service as they have professional people who can support you:thumbup1:.

dienamicz

I'm by no means's saying that ups sucks or anything of that matter.. all im doing is asking a simple question.. im not in dire need of this package. i have made no reference towards UPS shipment level at all..

outamyway

Our tracking system insn't perfect. I order stuff all the time and things like that have happened before. Sometimes the tracking info just stops. I actually had a package show up as out for delivery in Arizona. I live in Nevada, but it was still delivered on time.

If it isn't delivered today call 1-800-PICK-UPS, and we'll try to find it for you.

tieguy

Banned
Hey everyone.. I have a question concerning a package that im waiting for..

The package im waiting for was shipped out on June 1 and its supposed to be delivered today on June 6... When i go over to the ups site to track my package it displays the following:

5:30P.M. PICKUP SCAN US 06/01/2007....BROOKLYN, NY, US
3:40P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

this information has not been updated since June 1st, i would like to know what this means? will i be receiving my package today or has it been lost and no one has scan it after being received by UPS.. Thank you

Tracking #: 1ZVX57324291210286

Not much detail here. Does not look good. Here are the possibilities

1) Package was never shipped by the shipper. We do not show any physical scans on the package. We do show the billing information which is transmitted to our system and a pickup scan which would be generated when your driver scans the pickup barcode tag for all packages shipped that day.

2) package is in route and our people have missed two physical scans on the package one at origin and one at destination. That package should have traveled via a M43ny or Islny to either Jacfl or Hiafl load. So it should show at least two physical scans from us in our system which it does not.

In this case it looks like its either hit or miss. It either will show up today or it was never shipped. If it was delayed in our system then it should also show an exception scan somewhere.

A

Anonymous But Holy

Not much detail here. Does not look good. Here are the possibilities

1) Package was never shipped by the shipper. We do not show any physical scans on the package. We do show the billing information which is transmitted to our system and a pickup scan which would be generated when your driver scans the pickup barcode tag for all packages shipped that day.

2) package is in route and our people have missed two physical scans on the package one at origin and one at destination. That package should have traveled via a M43ny or Islny to either Jacfl or Hiafl load. So it should show at least two physical scans from us in our system which it does not.

In this case it looks like its either hit or miss. It either will show up today or it was never shipped. If it was delayed in our system then it should also show an exception scan somewhere.

You left out
3) Shipper gave package to the wrong carrier (such as DHL, USPS or friend-word). The shipper thinks UPS has it. UPS does not have it. I have seen lots of packages intended for other carriers that get into the UPS system, and I am sure it happens the other way around.

dienamicz

thank you very much for your reply... i will be contacting UPS and my credit card company.. I have never had any problems whatsoever with UPS, it is my number one pick for shipping services and will continue to be... thank you once again!

DS

Fenderbender
Hey dienamicz,dont be too hasty,give it a day or two
I have a funny feeling it will show up tomorrow.

tieguy

Banned
You left out
3) Shipper gave package to the wrong carrier (such as DHL, USPS or friend-word). The shipper thinks UPS has it. UPS does not have it. I have seen lots of packages intended for other carriers that get into the UPS system, and I am sure it happens the other way around.

Valid point and what I meant by not shipped at all. For whatever reason it still does not show a physical scan with us. I therefore believe the possibility is very likely that the package was processed by the shipper but never entered our system.

With all due respect, I do not really think this is the place or time we should talk on shipment level.

These guys really deserve a break once in a while!

If I can make a suggestion I would advise you to call the customer service as they have professional people who can support you:thumbup1:.

Believe it or not Sg, but some of us don`t mind trying to help someone who comes on here as long as they`re respectfull as this person is. And as shown by the previous posters we have on the street expierience in solving these problems that the customer service professionals may not.