Tracking says delivered but it was not

helpseeker

I have a package that I was expecting, when I check the tracking number it said the package had been delivered to the front door. There is no package there, and my wife and I were home at the time it said the delivery took place - she was actually home all day. What do we do? Here is the info:

Delivery Notification

Dear Customer,

This is in response to your request for delivery information concerning the shipment listed below.

Tracking Number: 1Z E79 A96 03 6599 194 4
Service: GROUND
Weight: 7.90 Lbs
Shipped/Billed On: 02/03/2009
Delivered On: 02/06/2009 6:03 P.M.
Delivered To: AUSTIN, TX, US

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I would check all the doors around your house, including the garage doors. The driver may have entered the wrong delivery point location. Also, look behind the bushes good, he may have hid it out of view from the street.

helpseeker

@drewed

I did, I received a confirmation email, it had the correct address:

Your order has shipped!

Recipient:
Address of Recipient: 11213 Shallow Water Rd, Austin, TX 787174495
Date of order: 2022009
Date Shipped: 2032009
Shipping Method: UPS (RESIDENTIAL)

drewed

Shankman
Ummm check with your neighbors see anyone picked it up.....every delivery ive gotten DRd (no sig required just dropped off at door) from UPS while ive been home has been ring bell (or knock)no wait drop off and leave.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Call the toll free number and ask them to verify the address that the pkg was delivered to. If the address is not yours, ask them to message the delivery center to have them retrieve the misdelivered pkg and deliver it to the correct address. If the address is yours, you will need to call the shipper, explain what has happened, and ask them to initiate a driver follow up, which is where the driver will come to your house and ask you to verify whether or not you received the pkg by signing in the appropriate spot on the form that he will provide.

Are there are any other family members who may have taken the pkg w/o your knowledge and put it in the house? Did you check all of the doors? Do you recall seeing the UPS pkg car at or near your house on 2/6? The driver may have delivered it to one of your neighbors by mistake--have you checked with your neighbors to see if they may have received our pkg by mistake? These questions may seem redundant but you would be surpised how many times the answer to any of these was yes and the pkg has been found.

I apologize for your inconvenience and hope that your issue is resolved in short order.