Traditional Conservative Values...are now found in current events.

bacha29

Were you in the negotiations? No need to speculate the deal till the facts are released. Conservative values are alive and well in my neck of the woods.
So conservative values thrive in your neck of the woods do they? Well, according to figures released by the non-profit Kaiser Family Foundation Obamacare has paid out 32.8 billion dollars in tax credits which as we know is designed to lower health insurance premiums for low income families and individuals. Of that 32.8 billion dollars half of it went to just 5 states ... Florida, California, Texas North Carolina and Georgia. Now if traditional conservative values are so tightly embraced down there then how come four of the five states that received half of the dollars doled out by Obamacare you know that evil communist pinko socialized healthcare program are Southern states?

vantexan

This intellectual disconnect is fascinating. The right went crazy because Hillary spoke to Goldmann Sachs. Trump literally gives them direct control over economic policy and you're all cool with it.
The right went crazy because she took a huge sum of money from them and wouldn't release the transcript of her speech. They, and many others, were buying access. Trump has the right to bring in people who know how to run things. If it turns out like you say, we'll know soon enough.

vantexan

So conservative values thrive in your neck of the woods do they? Well, according to figures released by the non-profit Kaiser Family Foundation Obamacare has paid out 32.8 billion dollars in tax credits which as we know is designed to lower health insurance premiums for low income families and individuals. Of that 32.8 billion dollars half of it went to just 5 states ... Florida, California, Texas North Carolina and Georgia. Now if traditional conservative values are so tightly embraced down there then how come four of the five states that received half of the dollars doled out by Obamacare you know that evil communist pinko socialized healthcare program are Southern states?
You do realize, well maybe you don't, that there are many Democrats in the South too? And a large, poor, minority that overwhelmingly votes Democrat? Seriously, you didn't know? Really?

bacha29

Of the 20 states that received the most money from Obamacare subsidies 15 of them voted for Trump who will repeal the program. Now if the opposition to the program is as strong as it is said to be in those parts of the country why were the participation rates so high? Were they all Democrats? In terms of participation as a percentage of the the state's population the highest participation rate is found in Kentucky. The home state of Senator Mitch McConnell one of the most vocal critics of Obamacare. It that isn't hypocritical enough the operations and administration center for the ACA is found in none other than London Kentucky where it no doubt employs a lot of people. So what I'm saying is that if this plan which was simply designed to help low income families and individuals pay the premiums for health insurance they couldn't otherwise afford, why did so many sign up for it but will be killed by executive order while we are still waiting for him to present his so called " better" plan ?

vantexan

Of the 20 states that received the most money from Obamacare subsidies 15 of them voted for Trump who will repeal the program. Now if the opposition to the program is as strong as it is said to be in those parts of the country why were the participation rates so high? Were they all Democrats? In terms of participation as a percentage of the the state's population the highest participation rate is found in Kentucky. The home state of Senator Mitch McConnell one of the most vocal critics of Obamacare. It that isn't hypocritical enough the operations and administration center for the ACA is found in none other than London Kentucky where it no doubt employs a lot of people. So what I'm saying is that if this plan which was simply designed to help low income families and individuals pay the premiums for health insurance they couldn't otherwise afford, why did so many sign up for it but will be killed by executive order while we are still waiting for him to present his so called " better" plan ?
Have that many really signed up for it? No doubt you're going to get more participation amongst the very poor as it costs them little or nothing. Those southern states have plenty of poor people and they tend to vote Democrat. Do you think we might come up with something that provides decent enough care without hammering the middle class?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The right went crazy because she took a huge sum of money from them and wouldn't release the transcript of her speech. They, and many others, were buying access. Trump has the right to bring in people who know how to run things. If it turns out like you say, we'll know soon enough.

Ben Carson?

It will be fine

So it's the buying access to policy makers that's a problem, but just giving them direct control is ok? Take out the middle man you have to pay off and everything is kosher? Mnuchin is a second generation Goldman banker with no public governing experience.

vantexan

So it's the buying access to policy makers that's a problem, but just giving them direct control is ok? Take out the middle man you have to pay off and everything is kosher? Mnuchin is a second generation Goldman banker with no public governing experience.
Hasn't worked for them in quite awhile. Has also partnered with George Soros in a venture which ought to make you happy. Let's see how things go.

bacha29

Have that many really signed up for it? No doubt you're going to get more participation amongst the very poor as it costs them little or nothing. Those southern states have plenty of poor people and they tend to vote Democrat. Do you think we might come up with something that provides decent enough care without hammering the middle class?
21 million people have signed up for it. Ok we could get rid of it you are so afraid that it will hurt the middle class but given that Mexico has a state run health care system why should worry about the impact that 21 million uninsured Americans will have on the American system?

vantexan

21 million people have signed up for it. Ok we could get rid of it you are so afraid that it will hurt the middle class but given that Mexico has a state run health care system why should worry about the impact that 21 million uninsured Americans will have on the American..Mexico has a healthcare system for the poor that is substandard. But it includes dedicated buildings staffed by gov't doctors. Much like the healthcare service our gov't provides on Native American reservations. Mexicans who can afford it pay for private insurance that covers them at private hospitals and clinics.

bacha29

That's exactly the type of health care system the GOP wants. Now when you go to Mexico which health care plan will you be using? . The one for the poor or the one the rich enjoy?

vantexan

That's exactly the type of health care system the GOP wants. Now when you go to Mexico which health care plan will you be using? . The one for the poor or the one the rich enjoy?
I'm paying as I go, it's affordable enough. Generally every large city has at least one good hospital. Find out which one that would be in the city you live in, make sure in an emergency you get taken there if possible. Many doctors in Mexico got training in U.S. or Europe and often speak English.

bacha29

I'm paying as I go, it's affordable enough. Generally every large city has at least one good hospital. Find out which one that would be in the city you live in, make sure in an emergency you get taken there if possible. Many doctors in Mexico got training in U.S. or Europe and often speak English.
Perhaps we should all go to Mexico. If the quality of life is so good especially the healthcare then why are scores of illegals trying to get into the US every day.?

vantexan

P.S. What difference does it make? Americans have been living in Mexico, and elsewhere, for generations. You act like I'm reinventing the wheel, beating the system. The American company I worked for didn't come through with promises made, so I'm doing the best I can with the options I have. As an American I have the freedom to choose as long as I can afford it. Millions of Americans are gaming the welfare and disability systems. I at least have worked over 40 years now. Enough is enough.

dudebro

Perhaps we should all go to Mexico. If the quality of life is so good especially the healthcare then why are scores of illegals trying to get into the US every day.?
Like everywhere else, it's good when you ALREADY have money. Pension dollars go further there, but then, you have to want to live in Mexico, if they'll let you, possibly far from your family.

vantexan

The quality of life is fine as long as you bring your own income. Their economy doesn't support everyone, and pay for most is low. The U.S. represents the chance of making enough to support the family back home, build a house, or start a business back in Mexico. Not all Mexicans come to the U.S. to stay. Many Hispanic illegals who do stay are from Central America, not Mexico. They go through hell to get here, often too difficult to get back.