Traditional Conservative Values...are now found in current events.

Oldfart

Nobody has addressed the FDX incentives that they constantly receive. 7 million $ is peanuts compared to the 50 million or so we received in 2015. It is always bad unless you benefit.

I asked that on the other post about jobs saved and nobody addressed it there either.

vantexan

What would lead you to believe he would do that? He is brazenly using the position to enrich himself already. I see no indication that will stop.
Oh good Lord where's your proof? We know for a fact that the Clintons used her position as Secretary of State and what was considered likely her future presidency to enrich themselves. We know for a fact she mishandled top secret info and covered that up as well as her enrichment activities by bleaching(acid washing) her server to make 33,000 emails unrecoverable. And yet you and others accuse him while glossing over her activities constantly. Well I'm on the record right now saying Trump needs to turn his companies completely over to his kids or put them in a blind trust, or be excoriated for trying to have it both ways IF he doesn't. We know what the Clintons did, let's see what he does.

It will be fine

Oh good Lord where's your proof? We know for a fact that the Clintons used her position as Secretary of State and what was considered likely her future presidency to enrich themselves. We know for a fact she mishandled top secret info and covered that up as well as her enrichment activities by bleaching(acid washing) her server to make 33,000 emails unrecoverable. And yet you and others accuse him while glossing over her activities constantly. Well I'm on the record right now saying Trump needs to turn his companies completely over to his kids or put them in a blind trust, or be excoriated for trying to have it both ways IF he doesn't. We know what the Clintons did, let's see what he does.
The campaign is over. Get over Hillary. Trump as president elect makes a call to Argentina and suddenly his company gets his permits for hotels. His daughter who he plans on handing his company over to sits in on meetings with foreign governments as an "advisor." Trump himself says as president he can't have a conflict of interest. He's telling you outright he plans to enrich himself with his office.

vantexan

The campaign is over. Get over Hillary. Trump as president elect makes a call to Argentina and suddenly his company gets his permits for hotels. His daughter who he plans on handing his company over to sits in on meetings with foreign governments as an "advisor." Trump himself says as president he can't have a conflict of interest. He's telling you outright he plans to enrich himself with his office.
That'll all get straightened out very quickly as Republicans in Congress won't stand for it. But to my earlier point, Hillary's scandals aren't going away because your side chose to ignore them to make her the nominee but now want to go after Trump for the same issue, which so far is on a much lesser scale. You can't have it both ways.

Oldfart

Hillary should actually be happy she lost. Her and BOGUS Bill can continue their speaking engagements at 250k per speech.

!Retired!

Wasn't aware of that, good to know. So we are arguing over $7 million in tax incentives for Carrier when we know the gov't has shelled out $11 billion on two companies.

$7 million over 10 years and Carrier agreed to invest $16 million to upgrade their plant. What I haven't read here is that even though they saved 800 jobs, Carrier still plans on moving 600 jobs to Mexico. Can't wait to see what Carrier does in 10 years.

bacha29

$7 million over 10 years and Carrier agreed to invest $16 million to upgrade their plant. What I haven't read here is that even though they saved 800 jobs, Carrier still plans on moving 600 jobs to Mexico. Can't wait to see what Carrier does in 10 years.
When the tax incentives expire and the media has move on those 800 jobs will be moved to Mexico a few at a time or a department at a time or a shift at a time and by the time anybody realizes that they are gone there won't be enough time to do anything about it.

It will be fine

That'll all get straightened out very quickly as Republicans in Congress won't stand for it. But to my earlier point, Hillary's scandals aren't going away because your side chose to ignore them to make her the nominee but now want to go after Trump for the same issue, which so far is on a much lesser scale. You can't have it both ways.
Who are these principled republicans that you are referring to? They have shown no willingness to stand up to trumps nonsense. They say nothing when he flies off the handle. They won't do anything when he continues to operate his company using the office for personal monetary gain. Giving his kids his company is not a blind trust. The conflicts continue when your family is being enriched. The fact that people think that's a good solution is mind boggling.

vantexan

Who are these principled republicans that you are referring to? They have shown no willingness to stand up to trumps nonsense. They say nothing when he flies off the handle. They won't do anything when he continues to operate his company using the office for personal monetary gain. Giving his kids his company is not a blind trust. The conflicts continue when your family is being enriched. The fact that people think that's a good solution is mind boggling.
What planet do you live on again? I've seen plenty of criticism from Republicans as well as begging him to focus and stay on message. Bottom line, his companies will be watched like white on rice by the liberal press. Any inkling of impropriety will have them screaming bloody murder. Think that gets ignored by everyone? If all this turns into a big scam to enrich Trump and his cronies the Repubs will get slammed in the mid-term election. So far he isn't President yet but already y'all are making, and will continue to make, every claim and insinuation possible in hopes of derailing his presidency. Will only work if it's true. We'll see.

vantexan

I see y'all live in that mystical world where a wand is waved and all is well in an instant. 10 years is a long time. Let's see how things develop.