Traditional Conservative Values...are now found in current events.

vantexan

Like everywhere else, it's good when you ALREADY have money. Pension dollars go further there, but then, you have to want to live in Mexico, if they'll let you, possibly far from your family.
There are a million Americans living in Mexico, although many are Mexican-Americans who blend in. Hundreds of thousands of white expats too. And if you're from the southern U.S. you're closer to home than if you were living in the northern States.

bacha29

P.S. What difference does it make? Americans have been living in Mexico, and elsewhere, for generations. You act like I'm reinventing the wheel, beating the system. The American company I worked for didn't come through with promises made, so I'm doing the best I can with the options I have. As an American I have the freedom to choose as long as I can afford it. Millions of Americans are gaming the welfare and disability systems. I at least have worked over 40 years now. Enough is enough.
That's interesting.A well respected company that you faithfully worked for betrayed your trust which is very common in today's American economy. Yet you are the first to defend corporate America and still hold out the hope that they will put their employees first. Once upon a time many did but today the first priority is to their investors and the work force is nothing more than overhead which in the eyes of corporate America has no human form. Your own experiences should tell you that.

vantexan

That's interesting.A well respected company that you faithfully worked for betrayed your trust which is very common in today's American economy. Yet you are the first to defend corporate America and still hold out the hope that they will put their employees first. Once upon a time many did but today the first priority is to their investors and the work force is nothing more than overhead which in the eyes of corporate America has no human form. Your own experiences should tell you that.
Just the other day I said the real crime was large corporations exploiting tens of thousands of employees. I've repeatedly pointed out that they're using the 401k system to enrich themselves, and suppressing our pay is part of that. Either you don't pay attention or you purposely ignored that to paint me a certain way, which is often what liberal extremists do. The world is often unfair, fact of life. Your side isn't going to cure that, neither is mine. What we have going on in the U.S. is a form of war, and, as the saying goes, the first casualty of war is the truth. Go pick a fight with someone else, I'm busy trying to get my ducks in a row.

bacha29

Just the other day I said the real crime was large corporations exploiting tens of thousands of employees. I've repeatedly pointed out that they're using the 401k system to enrich themselves, and suppressing our pay is part of that. Either you don't pay attention or you purposely ignored that to paint me a certain way, which is often what liberal extremists do. The world is often unfair, fact of life. Your side isn't going to cure that, neither is mine. What we have going on in the U.S. is a form of war, and, as the saying goes, the first casualty of war is the truth. Go pick a fight with someone else, I'm busy trying to get my ducks in a row.
The truth is manifested in your own experiences and they are both painful and unjust. Yet if they were to provide corporate America with all the exemptions, tax cuts etc.that you have long advocated there is simply no reason to believe that they will provide a better life for their own blue collar workers. In fact today the head of Cisco plainly stated that if the 60 billion they have stashed off shore could be repatriated under the near zero terms they want the money would go for increased dividends and mergers and acquisitions which means even more job losses. Nothing even mentioned about the average floor worker. So why give it to them? So they could treat even more people as badly as you were treated?

vantexan

The truth is manifested in your own experiences and they are both painful and unjust. Yet if they were to provide corporate America with all the exemptions, tax cuts etc.that you have long advocated there is simply no reason to believe that they will provide a better life for their own blue collar workers. In fact today the head of Cisco plainly stated that if the 60 billion they have stashed off shore could be repatriated under the near zero terms they want the money would go for increased dividends and mergers and acquisitions which means even more job losses. Nothing even mentioned about the average floor worker. So why give it to them? So they could treat even more people as badly as you were treated?
If we're going to get the economy improved we'll most likely have to bite the bullet on some things. People need jobs. Is the status quo acceptable to you? People voted for Trump because it wasn't acceptable to them. Just maybe at some point employees can feel like they have a future if opportunities are expanded, pay increased. I don't have a problem with the rich getting richer if their employees can share in the prosperity. But all we can do at this point is see how it goes.

bacha29

If we're going to get the economy improved we'll most likely have to bite the bullet on some things. People need jobs. Is the status quo acceptable to you? People voted for Trump because it wasn't acceptable to them. Just maybe at some point employees can feel like they have a future if opportunities are expanded, pay increased. I don't have a problem with the rich getting richer if their employees can share in the prosperity. But all we can do at this point is see how it goes.
There now appears to be some rethinking on the part of corporate America with regard to moving everything off shore. Trump's threats to hammer them with tariffs if they do seems to have some impact in the early going. We'll have to see if he backs it up with real action along with what kind of retaliation our trading partners take. If it turns out that he's just blowing smoke or is the will to stand up and demand better trade deals is really part of his agenda ?. If it turns out that he was just telling people what they wanted to hear just to get their vote the anger of the American people will be clearly demonstrated at the polls in 2 years and again in 2020.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Trump's threats to hammer them with tariffs if they do seems to have some impact in the early going...." (bacha)

Yet Obama never tried this in 8 years???? What a dope!!!

bacha29

"Trump's threats to hammer them with tariffs if they do seems to have some impact in the early going...." (bacha)

Yet Obama never tried this in 8 years???? What a dope!!!
Read it all numnuts . The point is will he go through with it? Tariffs go both ways and is the resolve to withstand the inevitable inflation that is certain to occur if there is a trade war? Oh by the way the Obama administration did indeed slap tariffs on steel imports when China and South Korea began dumping steel into the US at below cost. Furthermore the Senate has passed and sent to the House a bipartisan bill that requires US produced steel and similar raw materials to be used in any new infrastructure projects. Only one problem. House speaker Paul Ryan removed that provision from the bill.

moreluck

golden ticket member
After the 'Numnuts' comment, I'm done with you. bye Felicia!!

bf75e782d70c6cf53429fcdb42e0e5bf.jpg

vantexan

Every tax break fedex got means you need to pay more to make up the difference.
So you're(take note Meat!)saying that large corporations add very little to an area's bottom line? They just take and take and give back little? Amazing how many cities and counties think differently, scrambling to attract large companies.

Lothar

So you're(take note Meat!)saying that large corporations add very little to an area's bottom
Tax breaks are recovered by property taxes, sales tax and others taxes associated with having a large group of employees in that area.
you certainly have my permission to take a "break" my friend and just lye down and find your quite place.
line? They just take and take and give back little? Amazing how many cities and counties think differently, scrambling to attract large companies.
What's "amazing " is you my brother.

TUT

Traditional conservative ideas are always secondary nice to haves at best. Saying one is Progressive is a compliment to the mind and spirit of men. Progress is and will always be the way forward. If conservatism had its day, it will be very short lived. The curiosity, the demand would be for progression soon after. That is how we got here, progressiveness has won this war for over 1000's of years and will always win the war. Hardwired.