Tragedy in Virginia

Sammie

What an incredible heartbreak. The shooter kills some folks, leaves, the school isn't locked down, he comes back again and finishes up. Somebody's head will probably roll over this one.

Now who in the world would have dreamed that we'll have to secure all of our higher education institutions, too...

A 'monumental' tragedy at Virginia Tech

upsdude

This is just devastating. My brother lives minutes away from the campus, I’m about 4 hours away. Many of my friends have kids in school there. Many of my coworkers have kids or family there.

I don’t know what else to say.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It is so sad, I began watching coverage this am and havent stopped.
But how far does an institution of any type have to go to protect people? Maybe they didnt have the perfect plan in place, but how could anyone....like the amish school shootings. Im sure they never thought or wanted to go to the cost of locking down the school. If he was a student, how would anyone know he would go off? I think some things just cant be avoided.
Sh** like this happens all too much. I dont know the answers and all I can do is keep them in my thoughts and prayers. Im sure once everything is out, it will have affected someone from UPS. Being as how we are such a large employer, especially for college kids.

over9five

Staff member
If only there had been some law abiding, gun carrying students or faculty. The outcome might have been very different.

Carry a gun. Don't leave home without it.

wakyzachy

I am the IRS for UPS!
Yea, two of my friends go to VT. I was tough trying to call them because the lines were jamed. Stupid cell phones. Anyway they are fine. Lots of talk about it at work today. It was kinda funny to hear how everybody would of killed this guy if he did not kill him self. I think some of the people at work should see a doctor.

Sammie

If only there had been some law abiding, gun carrying students or faculty. The outcome might have been very different.

Or at least if someone had tackled him. But I don't know the circumstances. Also wonder about the outcome if the boys in the Amish schoolhouse would had tackled the perpetrator in that case... But they don't believe in violence.

It's beyond comprehension. Columbine happened in our neck of the woods. A UPS guy here, his wife was a teacher at Columbine during all that (she's OK)... And now this.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Too bad guns aren't aloud on campus. Also too bad that campuses all around the country don't have security. Well, they have campus police but they are about as useless as mall security.

705red

Browncafe Steward
No need to second guess now, its happened, now its time for us all to say a prayer for the victims, families and all involved.

DS

Fenderbender

Or maybe they should ban handguns...oh yea...its
America...the right to bear arms...the only times
that ever happens here(Canada) is from weapons
smuggled up from down there.
They should change that "right" and have a gun
amnesty,and melt them all down to make tanks
for the next war.
...Lets kill the enemy,
not our fellow Americans.

I expect I`ll take some flak on this.
It just seems so preventable,I guess old habits die hard.

DS

Fenderbender
nicely made little video,when she`s old enough she can move there and scare off all the rapists.

Enough about ethics,this was a travesty, and someone should
be making a concerted effort to devise a plan that will make sure it wont happen again.

Raw

Raw Member
I can hear the libs now about the VA Tech shooting - " What did Bush know and when did he know it? " OR " Time to cut & run, bring the students home NOW ! " :sad:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I can hear the libs now about the VA Tech shooting - " What did Bush know and when did he know it? " OR " Time to cut & run, bring the students home NOW ! " :sad:
You have to be the biggest :censored2: ive ever met. Dont you have any friend#$ing class at all? 32 people where murdered and another 28 hurt today and you come here being a jag. No respect for others at all.

Raw

Raw Member
You have to be the biggest :censored2: ive ever met. Dont you have any friend#$ing class at all? 32 people where murdered and another 28 hurt today and you come here being a jag. No respect for others at all.
I don`t recall ever meeting you !!

satellitedriver

To top it off, today I learned a 4 year old boy was sexually molested and killed on my route this weekend. WTF is this world becoming. At least, the two illegal aliens were caught and are being held on a 12 million dollar bond.

Last edited:

25yrvet

I imagine I'll take some flak for this but.......

Why can't we put some of the blame for these types of tragadies on:

hollywood
TV
recording industry
internet
video games