Tragedy in Virginia

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The holocaust survivor knew what to do.
Not trying to be harsh, just wondering, and have heard the question asked by a few people on talk shows.
Why would no one try to subdue this little worthless piece of crap? So he had guns, I know...But when you are in a group, and you are all gonna die, if you dont do something, wouldnt you rise as a group, to try not to die? I dont know details, we may never, maybe some did, maybe the ones injured did, but a doc said of the victims he treated, all had at least three gun wounds. WEre they bound? I am not heatless it was an awful massacre, terrible. But wouldnt any of you have gone down fighting, instead of being paralyzed ? by fear. I think my survival instinct would take over, and Id lunge the little pr*** as soon as I saw I was going to be shot too. I was reading a psycholigists report on bystander effect. Where when there is a group, everyone waits for someone to make a move, but we are all afraid to be wrong. Or not take the responsibility. As soon as you know death is immenent, you have to react, or everyone dies. And as over9five stated, one armed person beside the murderer could have changed it all. What a better place to go on a massacre than a gun free zone. I would rather sort out in court if I rightly protected myself and others in self defense, than sort through body parts at the morgue. With all the news on this, maybe they will actually figure it out, but I see more coming. " Defend yourself, as the police are only going to be there to draw a chalk line around your body if you dont." (excerpt from quinn and rose ) xm satllite radio 6 to 9 am

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Much like 9/11 how many times did you see the plane hit the trade center?
I bet at least 100 times a day if you watched the news.
and the people jumping out of windows. HMm jump from the 90th floor or die in flames. Big choice. I think we need to see it every day, I think people need to remember. I think we need to remember who did it. And how horrific it was. And even if it didnt affect you directly, it should have tore at your very soul, and still should. Kind of like ignoring the bully and hoping he leaves you alone, out of sight out of mind. Its not over, its still ongoing. And you need to not forget. It needs to still make you mad. yes media sensationalizes everything. I never even knew who anna nicole was, and now I know everyone she slept with. But this is so different.

local804

Or maybe they should ban handguns...oh yea...its
America...the right to bear arms...the only times
that ever happens here(Canada) is from weapons
smuggled up from down there.
They should change that "right" and have a gun
amnesty,and melt them all down to make tanks
for the next war.

Should we not let people drive cars because of the few that drove drunk and killed people? What about knives or baseball bats? we could take all the knives out of every kitchen and no more baseball too. How about 9/11, they used airplanes to kill people, can we ban them?
Its not the guns that kill people, its people who kill people.
Was it the fork that made Rosie Odonell fat too?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Or maybe they should ban handguns...oh yea...its
America...the right to bear arms...the only times
that ever happens here(Canada) is from weapons
smuggled up from down there.
They should change that "right" and have a gun
amnesty,and melt them all down to make tanks
for the next war.
...Lets kill the enemy,
not our fellow Americans.

I expect I`ll take some flak on this.
It just seems so preventable,I guess old habits die hard.
Maybe if you canucks had some guns, the 9/11 terrorists might not have crossed through your border here. Every american should own a gun to protect themselves and families.

Sammie

The holocaust survivor knew what to do.
Not trying to be harsh, just wondering, and have heard the question asked by a few people on talk shows.
Why would no one try to subdue this little worthless piece of crap? So he had guns, I know...But when you are in a group, and you are all gonna die, if you dont do something, wouldnt you rise as a group, to try not to die? I dont know details, we may never, maybe some did, maybe the ones injured did, but a doc said of the victims he treated, all had at least three gun wounds. WEre they bound? I am not heatless it was an awful massacre, terrible. But wouldnt any of you have gone down fighting, instead of being paralyzed ? by fear. I think my survival instinct would take over, and Id lunge the little pr*** as soon as I saw I was going to be shot too. I was reading a psycholigists report on bystander effect. Where when there is a group, everyone waits for someone to make a move, but we are all afraid to be wrong. Or not take the responsibility. As soon as you know death is immenent, you have to react, or everyone dies. And as over9five stated, one armed person beside the murderer could have changed it all. What a better place to go on a massacre than a gun free zone. I would rather sort out in court if I rightly protected myself and others in self defense, than sort through body parts at the morgue. With all the news on this, maybe they will actually figure it out, but I see more coming. " Defend yourself, as the police are only going to be there to draw a chalk line around your body if you dont." (excerpt from quinn and rose ) xm satllite radio 6 to 9 am

Those were my thoughts exactly but as one witness said, he peeked around the corner of the doorway and was gone. When he appeared again, he was blasting away. Hard to stop that.

DS

Fenderbender
Maybe if you canucks had some guns, the 9/11 terrorists might not have crossed through your border here. Every american should own a gun to protect themselves and families.
Come on man...get real these guys did it with boxcutters,
not handguns,probobly from your walmart

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Those were my thoughts exactly but as one witness said, he peeked around the corner of the doorway and was gone. When he appeared again, he was blasting away. Hard to stop that.
I know, hard yes, but maybe 15 instead of 30, maybe one big husky guy grab the weapons, catch him unfocused, Knock him over do something. and 20 more on top of the little :censored2:. If it was a semi automatic as I heard, he had to hit the trigger every time, that gives you a few split secs. Im thinking everyone was waiting for someone to GO, and no one did. Im not trying to be monday morning quarterback, please dont think that. Im sure I would be scared shi*less, but isnt that where adrenalin should kick in? If your going to die anyway, why not try? Im just hoping our younger generation has not lost the will to survive, and wondering why no one even tried.

Sammie

I know, hard yes, but maybe 15 instead of 30, maybe one big husky guy grab the weapons, catch him unfocused, Knock him over do something. and 20 more on top of the little :censored2:. If it was a semi automatic as I heard, he had to hit the trigger every time, that gives you a few split secs. Im thinking everyone was waiting for someone to GO, and no one did. Im not trying to be monday morning quarterback, please dont think that. Im sure I would be scared shi*less, but isnt that where adrenalin should kick in? If your going to die anyway, why not try? Im just hoping our younger generation has not lost the will to survive, and wondering why no one even tried.

Your feelings remind me of The Longest Day, the movie in 1962 about the beaches of Normandy and what Brigadier General Norman Cota actually told his men:

"I don't have to tell you the story. You all know it. Only two kinds of people are gonna stay on this beach: those that are already dead and those that are gonna die. Now get off your butts. You guys are the Fighting 29th."

Same principle, Tooner....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have to admit, I dont know much about history. It was my worst subject, but now that I dont have to learn it Im willing to. So Im not sure what your saying, I guess we are gonna die, but we still have to fight it to the end. yes I guess thats what I meant, kinda like flight 93.

Sammie

I have to admit, I dont know much about history. It was my worst subject, but now that I dont have to learn it Im willing to. So Im not sure what your saying, I guess we are gonna die, but we still have to fight it to the end. yes I guess thats what I meant, kinda like flight 93.

Exactly...

tieguy

Banned
I know, hard yes, but maybe 15 instead of 30, maybe one big husky guy grab the weapons, catch him unfocused, Knock him over do something. and 20 more on top of the little :censored2:. If it was a semi automatic as I heard, he had to hit the trigger every time, that gives you a few split secs. Im thinking everyone was waiting for someone to GO, and no one did. Im not trying to be monday morning quarterback, please dont think that.

The thing we are learning from this and similar incidents is your options are to lay there and die or go down fighting.

Sammie

The opening scenes in Saving Private Ryan explain the beaches of Normandy and why our guys were a little reluctant to get their butts in gear...