trainee on a regular route

war daddy

i got hired on off the street and have been scatching my route. I worked 27 days in 70. the last day i worked my center hung a load when a driver no called no showed. I covered the route. some one told me that I will def make book now because i covered a route. is this true?

Thannx

Johney

i got hired on off the street and have been scatching my route. I worked 27 days in 70. the last day i worked my center hung a load when a driver no called no showed. I covered the route. some one told me that I will def make book now because i covered a route. is this true?

Thannx
Nothing is guaranteed. Hit something and you're finished.

AKCoverMan

If they tried to DQ you on something silly now I think it would work in your favor.

Have a Tier III crash on day 29 and my guess is your SOL.

war daddy

i'd be happy to get to 29 i havnt worked since last monday. the day i covered the route. i didn't scratch that route so maybe they r not going to make my book

Pooter

You should be fine. Very few can scratch a route blind. :)

It's natural to not work much your first year. Feast or famine.

box_beeyotch

You should be fine. Very few can scratch a route blind. :)

It's natural to not work much your first year. Feast or famine.

Step up and cover more routes blind. The more you know, the more you work. You sure as hell can't rely on anyone to train you. As far as your first 30, your supposed to be on a training route (the same route) for 30 consecutive days.

nystripe96

You'll make it. Whether it takes a few more days, months or weeks just work safe and don't get frustrated. We've all been there

SaladTosser

Kill me now
In Southern California there's no shortage of work and even the lowest cover drivers work every day.

But you've made it this far and if they really wanted you out, they would have given you the boot already.

UPSGUY72

Thannx

Did you get hired as a casual or as a FT Driver.

Man Of Brown

Step up and cover more routes blind. The more you know, the more you work.

I've heard this several times but don't see the reasoning behind it. If you don't work because you don't know a route, you file a seniority grivience.

To the OP, some centers have a local practice that if you do anything besides your training route (another route, misloads, helping another driver, etc) you are automatically qualified. Even if your center doesn't do that, it is at least a good sign. They trusted you to run a route blind. Just keep safe, follow the methods and you'll be fine.

box_beeyotch

I've heard this several times but don't see the reasoning behind it. If you don't work because you don't know a route, you file a seniority grivience.

To the OP, some centers have a local practice that if you do anything besides your training route (another route, misloads, helping another driver, etc) you are automatically qualified. Even if your center doesn't do that, it is at least a good sign. They trusted you to run a route blind. Just keep safe, follow the methods and you'll be fine.

Yeah I thought you were automatically qualified as well.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The reasoning is that people with more seniority than you will take the day off if you offer to run their route.
Management doesn't always let this happen though.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Thannx
How much weight you losing by not eating lunch?

Man Of Brown

The reasoning is that people with more seniority than you will take the day off if you offer to run their route.
Management doesn't always let this happen though.

Ah OK. Thanks for the answer. Gotta love the old country route guys who love to take dead days. The problem I've had is I was at the center wanting to work but they had to call a cover driver with more seniority who wasn't at the center. So I was still laid off. But our old dogs are good with letting us newbies work.