Training new hires

fres431

When a hourly trains a new hire that hourly is supposed to get $1hr more when training correct? Now don't look at it just being a buck..I look at it as being principle if management wants to go by the book I will to. I'll play the hand that's dealt and management has dealt it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When a hourly trains a new hire that hourly is supposed to get $1hr more when training correct? Now don't look at it just being a buck..I look at it as being principle if management wants to go by the book I will to. I'll play the hand that's dealt and management has dealt it.

Sent using BrownCafe App
That's what I've heard...yes. If hourlies trained ALL the new hires....they would be much better at their jobs.

It used to be that way here but no longer.

I views training newbs as an investment. Every one I train is one that I know will be doing the job safely and correctly and they'll get their 40 in and add to the board.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Section 5. Hourly Training
1. It is agreed that Teamster represented employees, on a voluntary
basis, may train other employees. UPS reserves the right to choose
to use or not to use Teamster represented trainers to fulfill its training
needs.
ARTICLE 6
2. Trainers shall be paid a fifty cents ($.50) per hour training premium
for each hour spent training.

This is in the master agreement.

barnyard

KTM rider
Section 5. Hourly Training
1. It is agreed that Teamster represented employees, on a voluntary
basis, may train other employees. UPS reserves the right to choose
to use or not to use Teamster represented trainers to fulfill its training
needs.
ARTICLE 6
2. Trainers shall be paid a fifty cents ($.50) per hour training premium
for each hour spent training.

This is in the master agreement.

and that is how it is done.

Reading the contract. What a novel idea.

joey h

Yes after 3 days of management training( my opinion is management thinks they have a 3 day free for all to work ) yes you can have .50 cents extra a hour by the sw contract but man agent can pick any hourly employee but the employee has to agree to train or the terms

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yes after 3 days of management training( my opinion is management thinks they have a 3 day free for all to work ) yes you can have .50 cents extra a hour by the sw contract but man agent can pick any hourly employee but the employee has to agree to train or the terms

Sent using BrownCafe App
Your post Is a little confusing.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I actually went to school for the training program,back in the late 90's.
Wonder if they still do that?
Yp1GNzD.gif

Ant12

Never had an hourly at my hub train a new hire. It's always been sups. I think hourly a should have trained new hires though. I would have caught on how to make great walls sooner

Sent using BrownCafe App