Training route used in peak for a casual

Overpaid Union Thug

Can they take a bid driver off his route to train a casual during peak that ain't going to make book?
What about xmas tips?
What supplement? The Southern says training routes are only for training TCDs and probationary drivers. I'd ask the union if a probationary driver means the same as a seasonal driver. I would think not because they aren't even on a probation and can't be because they are seasonal and actually have to sign a document that states they acknowledge it.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What supplement? The Southern says training routes are only for training TCDs and probationary drivers. I'd ask the union if a probationary driver means the same as a seasonal driver. I would think not because they aren't even on a probation and can't be because they are seasonal and actually have to sign a document that states they acknowledge it.
Training routes aren't suppose to be used as seasonal training routes, but then again I've told guys this that complain why they are off it, but it's hard to talk to them as they go home willingly for a no pay.

S

selfcancelsignal

It's a freeze period they can't make book
By the contract, yes. At my center, no. At least that's how it worked last peak. If they like ya, you're in. If they don't, they'll make sure you won't qualify. Our stewards won't grieve it either since it adds another full time driver. He'll be working the sorts by the end of January anyway.

By The Book

Sounds like they need a peak driver and want to keep him/her in a defined area. Easier to manage this way I think. I don't know if your center actually is hiring a full time driver or not. If they are, they are using a training route with this driver right? As a steward I never try to stop the company from hiring someone.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sounds like they need a peak driver and want to keep him/her in a defined area. Easier to manage this way I think. I don't know if your center actually is hiring a full time driver or not. If they are, they are using a training route with this driver right? As a steward I never try to stop the company from hiring someone.
Ask a feeder driver how they feel about the company "hiring" outside guys to pull loads.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's in the contract from oct 15-Jan 4 no new hire can gain senority
Show me the line in the contract that says they can't qualify. Because I have local sorters, preloaders, and 2 drivers from last year who qualified in the period you say they couldn't qualify in. It's at the company's discretion. If we need people, and we like them. We can make them permanent hires.