Training routes

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who remembers when all the trucks had chokes? I swear the hub was like the Lincoln Tunnel every morning!

The Milkman

Trust me! my knees still remember!

Ah..the good old days. I was training in a p500...The largest car we had at the time was p800..when the p1000 came out everyone was like wow..Mostly pos 600's in our ctr..But we did have one guy with a p300..ever see one of those? I did his rte many times and it was strange to have such a small car with a flat dash. Most of the 500's no ps, crap heaters, poor lighting, crap seat, the high steps on the 6 and 8's were tough, along with narrow bulkhead doors that when Gateway and Nordic tracks came out you had to use the rear door only. And splinters from the wooden shelfs..ouch. had 1 guy start out on a new rte that for the most part was a mall. he had a straight job from day 1 as no one wanted the rte. Was on it for many years untill he bid off on something more cushy. Newbies have no idea how good they have it now...Automatics, intermitent wipers, good heat, lower nicer metal shelves, ps, lower steps, wider bulkhead doors, better lighting, better seat.....not prone to breakdowns as much as the old 70's cars...