Transfer hubs?

5ton

Question as a UPSer can we transfer to a new location if they are hiring and if so how can I go about seeing if they are hiring and get on the list?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Pops bought a M939 from the feds a couple decades ago.

It's in the shop clean as a whistle.

I thought he was nuts.

Not anymore.

Thanks pops.

UnionGuy

My hr told me that the only way to do a hub transfer is in 2 ways.
1. Education transfer, just apply to a school nearby and you don't even have to take classes. Just be registered at the school.
2. Normal transfer, non education. In November they start allowing hub transfers, in limited quantities.

djones264

My hr told me that the only way to do a hub transfer is in 2 ways.
1. Education transfer, just apply to a school nearby and you don't even have to take classes. Just be registered at the school.
2. Normal transfer, non education. In November they start allowing hub transfers, in limited quantities.
So I have a terminal that is closer. The Charlotte terminal is 70 miles from me. Natural I’m new so not going to rock the boat. So they do allow hub transfers or only when they have openings at the hub you want to transfer to

djones264

Why did you apply and take the job with a 140 mile commute to begin with? You're spending way to much time and $$$ just going
to work.
No money in my lil backwoods town. I was driving 60 miles each way. Have done that for 17 years. I can make 90,000 a year working 60 miles away or 45-50000 in my town. Not a hard choice for me

Roller252

The way you stated it made it sound like this was a new deal but after 17 years...why change now?

In my neck of the woods even if you could get the transfer it's both good and bad. You keep your company seniority for vacation selection but loose bldg seniority for everything else. So back to the bottom. No Thx

The way you stated it made it sound like this was a new deal but after 17 years...why change now?

In my neck of the woods even if you could get the transfer it's both good and bad. You keep your company seniority for vacation selection but loose bldg seniority for everything else. So back to the bottom. No Thx
Is that how it is everywhere? Your just by you? We’re entertaining the idea of moving to another state and I wasn’t sure how it worked.