Transfer out of state

Madmavis49

My husband is a RPCD and has been with the company for 23 years. I read that if wanted to transfer he would have to pay the new local for 23 years of dues to keep his pay rate and seniority. I know it’s a slim chance but has anyone heard of this? Is it true?

Madmavis49

Just curious as to why you and your husband think he has the ability to transfer ?

Going to Florida.... he's going to have to quit and get re-hired. And start over.
I know from all my research it’s not possible but we’re willing to try anything. I saw on some site, maybe Reddit, that someone said a friend of theirs was able to do it so I figured I would ask if anyone else has heard of it being done.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I know from all my research it’s not possible but we’re willing to try anything. I saw on some site, maybe Reddit, that someone said a friend of theirs was able to do it so I figured I would ask if anyone else has heard of it being done.

The members in the Western Conference have the contractual ability to transfer.

oldngray

nowhere special
Transferring is usually a problem but yeah, usually you have to quit and hope to get rehired. Used to be a lot more risky but not as much now with how desperate UPS is for warm bodies. Especially trained ones. He would lose company seniority but still retain retirement credits that are through the union.