Transfer out of state

Madmavis49

So I have another question and I didn’t want to start a new thread. My husband said he’s willing to quit to move if he can keep his vacation time. Is it possible for a new center to hire him off the street and give him his 5 weeks? I told him that doesn’t sound plausible but figured I would ask

So I have another question and I didn’t want to start a new thread. My husband said he’s willing to quit to move if he can keep his vacation time. Is it possible for a new center to hire him off the street and give him his 5 weeks? I told him that doesn’t sound plausible but figured I would ask
Once you quit you lose all your seniority you also have to start all over again getting your health care

That’s what I told him. I just didn’t know if it was under manager discretion to give him vacation time.
it has nothing to do with management.
Not only will he lose all of his vacation, he will also not have any paid holidays for the first year and he will lose all his sick personal and option time.

Plus he will lose a minimum of $150,000 of income while going through the four-year progression again

More likely he will lose a lot more money than that because he will be rehired as a 22.4 driver. Their top rate is approximately 15% less than what he's making now
That could easily cost him over a quarter million dollars

Madmavis49

it has nothing to do with management.
Not only will he lose all of his vacation, he will also not have any paid holidays for the first year and he will lose all his sick personal and option time.

Plus he will lose a minimum of $150,000 of income while going through the four-year progression again

More likely he will lose a lot more money than that because he will be rehired as a 22.4 driver. Their top rate is approximately 15% less than what he's making now
That could easily cost him over a quarter million dollars
😮😥 that’s a lot of money!
Looks like you're going to have to tough it out until retirement, or make some big sacrifices
yeah unfortunately.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My husband is a RPCD and has been with the company for 23 years. I read that if wanted to transfer he would have to pay the new local for 23 years of dues to keep his pay rate and seniority. I know it’s a slim chance but has anyone heard of this? Is it true?
You always do the talkin' for hubby?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
That’s what I told him. I just didn’t know if it was under manager discretion to give him vacation time.
Quit pressuring your husband to move to FL , be happy he has a good paying job and insurance. QUIT COMPLAINING !!! Stay at home mommy life is what you wanted. Florida sucks 🤣
🧔‍♂️✊

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Quit pressuring your husband to move to FL , be happy he has a good paying job and insurance. QUIT COMPLAINING !!! Stay at home mommy life is what you wanted. Florida sucks 🤣
🧔‍♂️✊

She should tell hubby to get bent move to Florida by her own damn self live on that sweet alimony and wait for him to retire so she can get her half of that pension
That’s how ya do it Mavis

Madmavis49

🧔‍♂️✊
I’m not a stay home mom. My kids are in their 20’s and I work 6 days a week. It’s was his idea to move and asked me to do the research cuz we all know drivers work long hours. Cold weather sucks 🤣

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I’m not a stay home mom. My kids are in their 20’s and I work 6 days a week. It’s was his idea to move and asked me to do the research cuz we all know drivers work long hours. Cold weather sucks 🤣
Hurricanes and fire ants suck too 🤣
So where are you gunna work in FL?
hooters?
🧔‍♂️✊