Transfer to Arizona

jaker

trolling
Hey thinking of transferring to Arizona and my question is if I go do I have to start at the bottom of the feeder list , I don't mind being at the bottom driving but if I have to start over to go into feeder then I am staying

By The Book

Hey thinking of transferring to Arizona and my question is if I go do I have to start at the bottom of the feeder list , I don't mind being at the bottom driving but if I have to start over to go into feeder then I am staying
All driver transfers go to the bottom of that buildings seniority list, but retain all company seniority as it relates to fringe benefits. If you are in feeders I don't know if you can switch jobs in a transfer. If you have seniority now you would probably go to the bottom and bid from there in that classification.

jaker

trolling
All driver transfers go to the bottom of that buildings seniority list, but retain all company seniority as it relates to fringe benefits. If you are in feeders I don't know if you can switch jobs in a transfer. If you have seniority now you would probably go to the bottom and bid from there in that classification.
Right I understand that , but I am talking more about time towards feeder

I have one year to go until feeder and if I move Will i have to wait 12 years again to go feeder

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

You never keep your seniority.

You fall to the bottom.

TOS.

By The Book

Right I understand that , but I am talking more about time towards feeder

I have one year to go until feeder and if I move Will i have to wait 12 years again to feeder
Now that you are a driver, you would not be able to outbid another driver in that center because you would now be at the bottom when you transfer there. However if you sign a bid and it gets to you it is yours to take.

By The Book

I ask because in my local if you transfer here you lose everything except your pay
I don't think you will lose your vacation time earned either, your company fringe benefits. If its outside your supplemental agreement your health and welfare/ pension could also be affected.

jaker

trolling
I don't think you will lose your vacation time earned either, your company fringe benefits. If its outside your supplemental agreement your health and welfare/ pension could also be affected.
So what you are saying is nothing that I don't know , I want to know if I have to wait another 12 years to go into feeder if I transfer

I know what transferring means and I am ok with that but I am not going to do another 12 years in pkg car

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So what you are saying is nothing that I don't know , I want to know if I have to wait another 12 years to go into feeder if I transfer

I know what transferring means and I am ok with that but I am not going to do another 12 years in pkg car
I think everyone has already told you yes you'll have to wait.

What does 12 years have to do with anything? At 12 years you automatically get a feeder bid in your local?

jaker

trolling
I think everyone has already told you yes you'll have to wait.

What does 12 years have to do with anything? At 12 years you automatically get a feeder bid in your local?
No one has said anything about feeder they are all talking about pkg car and vacations , here the wait is 12 years of seniority to get into feeder

I ask my HR and she said that I would have to ask someone in AZ local if I would have to wait all that time to get into feeder there , here if you move into our local with 20+ years you go to the bottom of everything seniority based

She told me that guy transfer here thinking he would go into feeder with his time with the company but no one told him about the way our local does it , so he has to wait

I will ask my BA when I see him buy just wanting to know some info

Last edited:

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The wait to go from package cars to feeders in Arizona might only be 2 years. It depends on the need for new drivers wherever you go, not where you're leaving. You can never know how many are going to sign a bid list. Sometimes people have enough time, but say they had an accident or ticket in the last year and aren't eligible to bid. some folks meet all the criteria, but just don't choose to bid this time. It might take 5 years seniority one time, then 6 months later, it might take 10 years, depending on how many sign the list. You never know. My .02

The answer is yes...if you transferred to Az today, your seniority date on the feeder sign up list will be 8/11/14.

rod

Retired 22 years
Since when can any hourly transfer anywhere at UPS? I always though that was only possible for part time student workers. Hell-- if I would have know I could transfer to Arizona I would have done it in a heart beat-------------------------------- once every year---- for the winter months.

By The Book

Your best bet is go feeder do it for a year then put in for transfer
Do this, that way your in feeders.
In your first sentence it sounds like you are in feeders. Then your second sentence talks about you being a driver, I think. Then as you finish your post I think your in feeders again. Your first post was confusing and I kind of take offense when you are the one asking for info but say what we are posting is nothing you didn't already know. Re read your original post and see how anyone can give you good info from it.