Transfer to different hub

UPSER70700

I have been working at ups for 7 months now and I wanted to know if it is possible to transfer to a different hub out of state. When I got hired they wanted me to commit to the job for a year but, I want to transfer to a different hub so I can transfer from my school to the next one for my college education. So do I have to commit to the year at my present hub? or can I transfer regardless of the year commitment for my education?

I am a part-time package handler and would appreciate some advice on this matter.

Thank you

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I assume you want to transfer in time for the fall semester; if so, you had better start the process today.

The one year commitment is not carved in stone but is instead meant to discourage those who intend to stay for 6 months or less.

UPSER70700

I assume you want to transfer in time for the fall semester; if so, you had better start the process today.

The one year commitment is not carved in stone but is instead meant to discourage those who intend to stay for 6 months or less.

Thank you for the reply but, how does that process work? and do I lose my seniority?

TapeItUp

In my experience you had to submit a written request to HR explaining why you want / need to transfer along with an acceptance letter or class schedule from the college. From there several people have to sign off on it, which realistically could be done in a day but most likely will take 6 - 8 weeks and that is with you staying on them about it. It could take longer or less but don't wait around on it. Also don't go through your supervisor, this is something HR handles. You will lose seniority at the new facility as far as bidding goes but you will keep what you have as far as raises and benefits are concerned. If you are looking for tuition reimbursement check if it's available at the new location beforehand if that's something you are interested in as well.

UPSER70700

In my experience you had to submit a written request to HR explaining why you want / need to transfer along with an acceptance letter or class schedule from the college. From there several people have to sign off on it, which realistically could be done in a day but most likely will take 6 - 8 weeks and that is with you staying on them about it. It could take longer or less but don't wait around on it. Also don't go through your supervisor, this is something HR handles. You will lose seniority at the new facility as far as bidding goes but you will keep what you have as far as raises and benefits are concerned. If you are looking for tuition reimbursement check if it's available at the new location beforehand if that's something you are interested in as well.

Seems like a long process but, a possibility I will give it a shot.
Thank you for your reply.

Overpaid Union Thug

I have been working at ups for 7 months now and I wanted to know if it is possible to transfer to a different hub out of state. When I got hired they wanted me to commit to the job for a year but, I want to transfer to a different hub so I can transfer from my school to the next one for my college education. So do I have to commit to the year at my present hub? or can I transfer regardless of the year commitment for my education?

I am a part-time package handler and would appreciate some advice on this matter.

Thank you
In my supplement (Southern) it is required that you work in your current building for a year before being allowed to do an education transfer.