Transfer to Kalispell/ whitefish area

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upsguy26, Aug 27, 2018.

1. upsguy26

upsguy26 New Member

I'm curious as to if any of u are in the Kalispell/ Whitefish area and can give me insight on working in that area. Really looking for info as to how busy u are? Does your lowest seniority cover driver's work everyday? In my area (Puget sound area of Washington State) we never seem to have enough people and there is always plenty of work. Just wanting to know what to expect if making the move!
    Thanks

2. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

There is not enough people everywhere.We are short on people at my building.

3. upsguy26

upsguy26 New Member

Ya we are short driver's at my center as well just was unsure as to how busy the center was! Are u from that area?

4. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

Nope but it looks like every body is in the same boat as us.

5. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

We are short drivers ...until Christmas then all of sudden UPS can hire people ..

6. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

Nothing like them hiring a bunch of new drivers when it starts getting dark earlier.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

and they wonder why they get overwhelmed and quit..not to mention the headlights are terrible , it’s like two candles flickering

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

We have too many drivers here in SoCal. If you like taking dead days come down here.

9. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

Are you a management kiss ass or do you have a set and are willing to file? I know a few drivers from the Kalispell center and they always say they are short on drivers so you should work plenty. But that center is no joke and it has been described as hostile. So don't go in trying to kiss managements ass or be a go getter, they are true Teamsters there!

10. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Invest in some good cold weather gear

11. silverbullet2893

silverbullet2893 KILL KILL!!

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We have enough guys. They just don't put them all on the road.

13. Grey

Grey Active Member

Whitefish is a great place to visit but I can’t imagine living/driving there full time. The summer months are incredible though.

14. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Spoiler alert, it’s :censored2:ed up everywhere.

15. upsguy26

upsguy26 New Member

My building is bad as well, harassment has been on the rise and have been a shop steward for the last 10 yrs and am definitely not afraid to file! We have a very strong local here and am curious how their local supports their members.

16. upsguy26

upsguy26 New Member

It's all relative to what u like, I have an extended route that delivers in the local foothills so chaining up all day is just a way of life for me!

17. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Kalispell took a transfer in January I believe.

18. Mooseknuckle

Mooseknuckle Active Member

Not all of SoCal. we're dying.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Mooseknuckle

Mooseknuckle Active Member

Local 174? Strong? Didn't THEY just pay to do a video stating how we're taking all of UPS" money?

20. upsguy26

upsguy26 New Member

Yes they did, but doesn't change the fact they have always done a great job of protecting their members over the years. There is another local here that has very poor leadership and support and I was curious as to the support and backing from the local in Kalispell to know what I would be getting myself into!