Transfer to Kalispell/ whitefish area

upsguy26

I'm curious as to if any of u are in the Kalispell/ Whitefish area and can give me insight on working in that area. Really looking for info as to how busy u are? Does your lowest seniority cover driver's work everyday? In my area (Puget sound area of Washington State) we never seem to have enough people and there is always plenty of work. Just wanting to know what to expect if making the move!
Thanks

KOG72

I’m full of it
I'm curious as to if any of u are in the Kalispell/ Whitefish area and can give me insight on working in that area. Really looking for info as to how busy u are? Does your lowest seniority cover driver's work everyday? In my area (Puget sound area of Washington State) we never seem to have enough people and there is always plenty of work. Just wanting to know what to expect if making the move!
Thanks
There is not enough people everywhere.We are short on people at my building.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Are you a management kiss ass or do you have a set and are willing to file? I know a few drivers from the Kalispell center and they always say they are short on drivers so you should work plenty. But that center is no joke and it has been described as hostile. So don't go in trying to kiss managements ass or be a go getter, they are true Teamsters there!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks

Invest in some good cold weather gear

Grey

Whitefish is a great place to visit but I can’t imagine living/driving there full time. The summer months are incredible though.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Thanks
Spoiler alert, it’s :censored2:ed up everywhere.

upsguy26

Are you a management kiss ass or do you have a set and are willing to file? I know a few drivers from the Kalispell center and they always say they are short on drivers so you should work plenty. But that center is no joke and it has been described as hostile. So don't go in trying to kiss managements ass or be a go getter, they are true Teamsters there!
My building is bad as well, harassment has been on the rise and have been a shop steward for the last 10 yrs and am definitely not afraid to file! We have a very strong local here and am curious how their local supports their members.

upsguy26

Whitefish is a great place to visit but I can’t imagine living/driving there full time. The summer months are incredible though.
It's all relative to what u like, I have an extended route that delivers in the local foothills so chaining up all day is just a way of life for me!

Mooseknuckle

My building is bad as well, harassment has been on the rise and have been a shop steward for the last 10 yrs and am definitely not afraid to file! We have a very strong local here and am curious how their local supports their members.
Local 174? Strong? Didn't THEY just pay to do a video stating how we're taking all of UPS" money?

upsguy26

Local 174? Strong? Didn't THEY just pay to do a video stating how we're taking all of UPS" money?
Yes they did, but doesn't change the fact they have always done a great job of protecting their members over the years. There is another local here that has very poor leadership and support and I was curious as to the support and backing from the local in Kalispell to know what I would be getting myself into!